This set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Chopper Circuit”.
1. What is the full form of PEP in communication?
a) Peak Efficiency Power
b) Peak Envelope Power
c) Peak Efficiency Product
d) Peak Envelope Power
Explanation: PEP in communication stands for peak envelope power. It is the highest envelope power that is transmitted to antenna transmission line by a transmitter.
2. Only audio can be sent using Amplitude Modulation.
Explanation: Amplitude modulation has the capability to sent audio, video and digital data. So the statement that audio signal can sent by amplitude modulation is wrong.
4. How many sidebands is produced with a single tone in an amplitude modulated system?
Explanation: Single toned modulation is that in which modulation is carried out by single frequency. It has two sidebands.
5. If we compared to the USB, the information in LSB is ________
d) little different
Explanation: The two bands i.e. upper sideband and lower sideband generally contains same information. They also has same power.
6. In amplitude modulated system, total sideband power is ________ than the carrier power.
a) always more
b) always less
c) sometimes more
d) sometimes less
Explanation: If we take the total power by considering all the sidebands produced in signal that it will always less than carrier power.
7. An amplitude modulated system requires less bandwidth than single side band system.
Explanation: Single side band uses only one of its sideband among two sidebands. The two sidebands carries exactly the same information and thus removing a sideband does not have any effect on our signal. Due to the removal of one sideband total bandwidth required decreases which also makes it more efficient than others.
8. In SC in DSB-SC stands for _________
Explanation: DSB-SC stands for Double Side Band- Suppressed Carrier. It is used to produce Single Side Band. IN DSB-SC all the frequencies produced by amplitude modulation are symmetrically arranged above and below the carrier frequency.
9. What is the correct statement about FM modulation index?
a) increases with both modulation frequency and deviation
b) decreases with modulation frequency and increases with deviation
c) it increase with modulation frequency and decreases with deviation
d) it is equal to twice the deviation
Explanation: Frequency modulated modulation index increases as deviation increase. It also decreases with modulation frequency.
10. Which mathematically term is used for calculating FM bandwidth?
a) Bessel functions
c) Taylor series
Explanation: Bessel function are the solution of Bessel differential equation which are non-singular at the origin. In communication it is used to calculate FM bandwidth.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Analog Communications.
To practice all areas of Analog Communications, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.