This set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Varactor Diode”.
1. Which layer is used for detection of bad frames in wide area network?
a) frame layer
b) link layer
c) physical layer
d) session layer
Explanation: Wide area network covers a long geographical area and thus it also has least connected devices. Link layer is used in WAN for detection of bad frames.
2. TEM stands for Transmitted Electromagnetic wave.
Explanation: TEM stands for Transverse Electromagnetic wave. Since both electric and magnetic field are transverse to the direction of wave propagation.
3. What is the reason of attenuation in free space?
a) decrease in energy per square meter due to expansion
b) decrease in energy per square meter due to compression
c) losses in upper atmosphere due to expansion
d) losses in upper atmosphere due to compression
Explanation: In free space, the basic reason of attenuation is the decrease in energy per square meter. It generally happens due to expansion.
4. What is the range of UHF?
a) below the microwave range
b) above the microwave range
c) same as the microwave range
d) it does not include the microwave range in any way
Explanation: Ultra high frequency is the ITU designation for radio frequencies that lies under 300MHz to 3 GHz i.e. its range is below the microwave range.
5. Striplines and microstrips are used to __________
a) couple sections of waveguide
b) couple waveguides to antennas
c) couple components on a circuit board
d) couple electromagnetic waves in an order
Explanation: The main use of Striplines and microstrips in any circuit is to couple components on a circuit board.
6. What is the another term used for a single microwave link?
Explanation: Microwave link is a communication system that uses a beam of radio waves in the microwave frequency range. Hop is also used in places of single microwave link.
7. In digital microwave systems, additional repeaters increase the ________
b) noise level
Explanation: In telecommunication, jitter can be seen as a deviation from true periodicity of a presumably periodic signal. Higher level of jitter are more likely to occur on either slow or heavily congested link. In any circuit, adding additional repeaters finally increase the jitter only.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Analog Communications.
To practice all areas of Analog Communications, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Analog Communications
- Participate in Analog Communications Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Analog Communications
- Take Analog Communications Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10