This set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Average Power For Sinusoidal AM”.
1. A 1000KHz carrier is modulated by 100Hz and 200Hz waves, then which of the following frequencies cannot be present at the output?
Explanation: Frequencies present at output will be 1000 ± 0.1 and 1000 ± 0.2.
2. Aspect ratio is the ratio of ________
a) width to height
b) height to width
c) power to width
d) width to power
Explanation: Aspect ratio is the ratio of width to the height of image (screen).
3. If the levels in PCM are transmitted in 10 unit code having sampling frequency equals to 20KHz. What is its bandwidth?
Explanation: Bandwidth = 1⁄2 (10 x 20)= 100KHz.
Explanation: Carrier frequency is given by the formula, where L is inductance and C is Capacitance.
5. Among all amplifiers, Common Collector has highest power gain.
Explanation: It is common emitter who has highest power gain. Common emitter has a very high voltage gain and also has good amount of current, so its power gain is high.
6. Find the carrier frequency if the inductance and capacitance are 30μH and 10nF respectively?
7. Helical antenna is used to obtain ________ polarization.
Explanation: Helical antenna produce circular polarization. Due to this only it is highly used in radio telemetry.
8. What is number of possible outputs if there is 6 line digital input?
Explanation: Total possible outputs will be 26 which is equal to 64.
9. Push pull amplifier is a class B amplifier.
Explanation: Push pull amplifier uses a pair of active devices that alternately supply current to a connected load and also absorb current from a connected load. It is a class B amplifier.
10. For removing unwanted signals we should use ________
a) phase shift method
b) filteration ethod
c) distillation method
d) elimination method
Explanation: Filteration method is used to remove unwanted components from signal. It is mainly used to eliminate noise.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Analog Communications.
To practice all areas of Analog Communications, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.