This set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Applications of SSB”.
1. What is the purpose of peak clipper circuits in radios?
a) prevent overmodulation
b) reduce bandwidth
c) increase bandwidth
d) regulate oscillator input voltage
Explanation: Clipper is used to prevent the output of a circuit from exceeding a predetermined voltage. It does not distorted the remaining part of the applied waveform.
2. In FM receiver, role of amplitude limiter is to reduce the amplitude of signals.
Explanation: Role of amplitude limiter in frequency modulation is to eliminate any change in amplitude of received FM signals.
3. Balanced modulator is used to suppress carrier signal to create an SSB or DSB.
Explanation: Balanced modulator is used to produce 100% modulation.
4. What is the main function of a balanced modulator?
a) to limit the noise picked by a receiver
b) to produce balanced modulation of a carrier wave
c) to suppress carrier signal
d) to produce 100% modulation
Explanation: For achieving 100% modulation, balanced modulator is mainly used in circuits.
5. For classifying a modem as low speed its data rate is ________
a) upto 100bps
b) upto 200bps
c) upto 400bps
d) upto 600bps
Explanation: According to standard data for modem, if the data rate is upto 600bps then modem is classified as having a low speed.
6. Varacter diode modulator is an indirect way of generating FM.
Explanation: Varacter diode modulator is not an indirect way of generating FM. It is a Armstrong modulator which is an indirect way of generating FM.
7. Which of the following is an indirect way of generating FM?
a) By reactance modulator
b) By bipolar transistor
c) By varacter diode
d) By armstrong modulator
Explanation: Armstrong modulator which is the only way for indirect generating of frequency modulation.
8. Convex lens has negative focal power and concave lens have positive focal power.
Explanation: Convex lens has positive focal power and concave lens have negative focal power.
9. All lens have positive focal power.
Explanation: Convex lens has negative focal power and concave lens have positive focal power.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Analog Communications.
To practice all areas of Analog Communications, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Analog Communications
- Participate in Analog Communications Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Analog Communications
- Take Analog Communications Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10