This set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Advantages of Filter Method”.
1. Which of the following does not cause losses in optical fibre cables?
a) Stepped index operation
d) Attenuation in glass
Explanation: In Stepped index operation, refractive index within the core is uniform. There is also a sharp decrease in refractive index at the core-cladding interface. It generally does not cause any type os losses in optical fibre cables.
2. In case of FM, if the modulating frequency is lowered and the modulating voltage remains constant then the amplitude of distant sidebands first increases and then decreases.
Explanation: If the modulating frequency in FM lowered and the modulating voltage remains constant then the amplitude of distant sidebands only increases.
3. It is generally observed that a ship to ship communication suffers from fading. This problem can be avoided by using ________
a) space diversity
b) frequency diversity
c) directional antenna
Explanation: It is generally observed that a ship to ship communication suffers from fading. This problem can be avoided by using diverse frequency.
4. What is the characteristic impedance of a twin wire feeder used in television?
a) 1000 ohm
b) 100 ohm
c) 10 ohm
d) 300 ohm
Explanation: For a twin wire feeder the characteristic impedance should be close to 300 ohm.
5. A buffer amplifier is a cathode follower double tuned amplifier.
Explanation: A buffer amplifier is basically a high gain DC amplifier. It is generally used to transfer voltage from a circuit having high output impedance level to a circuit with a low input impedance level.
6. What is the direction of rotation of a CD?
c) either clockwise or anticlockwise depend on data stored
d) mostly anticlockwise but sometimes clockwise
Explanation: CD stands for compact disk. The direction of rotation of Compact Disk is anticlockwise.
7. According to Fourier Analysis a square wave can be represented as a fundamental sine wave and even harmonics.
Explanation: According to Fourier Analysis a square wave can be represented as a fundamental sine wave and odd harmonics.
8. Filter method is the one and only method to produce SSB?
Explanation: SSB can be produced by filter method. But it can also be produced by phase cancellation method.
9. Impulse noise can be reduced in _________
c) Both AM and FM
Explanation: Impulse noise includes unwanted, almost instantaneous sharp sounds. It is only in frequency modulated circuits that allows reduction in impulse noise.
10. In televisions, equalizing pulses are sent during __________
a) horizontal blanking
b) vertical blanking
d) horizontal retrace
Explanation: The duration of an equalizing pulse is approximately 2.5 microseconds. The repetition frequency of equalizing pulses is twice the line frequency. It is necessary to sent equalizing pulses during horizontal blanking in televisions.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Analog Communications.
To practice all areas of Analog Communications, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.