This set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Filter Method”.
1. In pulse code modulation bandwidth required is low.
Explanation: PCM stands for pulse code modulation. It is a digital technique. In PCM usually a large bandwidth is required.
2. How do we eliminate the ghosts in the picture?
a) by using a long transmission line
b) by using a booster
c) by changing the orientation of antenna
d) by twisting the transmission line
Explanation: Change in antenna orientation helps in improving the reception of signals which further removes ghosts in the picture.
3. For getting maximum undistorted transmitted power in a carrier wave, the value of modulation should be _________
Explanation: The possible maximum value of modulation can be one. At this value we have maximum undistorted transmitted power.
4. To avoid fading in communication, broad band antenna is used.
Explanation: It is generally observed that a ship to ship communication suffers from fading. This problem can be avoided by using diverse frequency.
5. What is the commercial channel bandwidth in frequency modulated system?
a) 150 KHz
b) 250 KHz
c) 500 KHz
d) 900 KHz
Explanation: The standard commercial channel bandwidth for frequency modulated system is about 150 KHz.
6. A buffer amplifier is a ________
a) double tuned amplifier
b) tuned amplifier
c) high gain DC amplifier
d) cathode amplifier
Explanation: A buffer amplifier is basically a high gain DC amplifier. It is basically used for transferring voltage from a high output impedance level to a low input impedance level circuit.
7. The direction of rotation of a CD is clockwise.
Explanation: CD stands for compact disk. The direction of rotation of Compact Disk is anticlockwise.
8. If the length of antenna is equal to whole wavelength the radiation is zero in all direction?
Explanation: If the length of antenna is equal to whole wavelength only the radiations which is at right angles is zero.
9. What is the full form of PAM?
a) Pulse Analogue Modulation
b) Phase Analogue Modulation
c) Pulse Amplitude Modulation
d) Phase Amplitude Modulation
Explanation: In communication, PAM stands for Pulse Amplitude Modulation. In PAM, message signal is encoded in the amplitude of a series of signal pulse.
10. In a TV receiver antenna the length of reflector rod is _________
a) same as that of dipole
b) less than that of dipole
c) more than that of dipole
d) may be equal, more or less than that of dipole
Explanation: The length of receiving antenna must be more than that of dipole to get a better reception of signals.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Analog Communications.
To practice all areas of Analog Communications, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.