This set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Narrowbanding”.
1. Which band is used by Bluetooth in mobiles?
a) VHF band
b) UHF band
c) ISM band
d) HF band
Explanation: Bluetooth is wireless technology. It is used for exchanging data over short distances. It usually uses frequency hopping. It uses ISM band.
2. BSS stands for ________
a) Basic service Set
b) Basic service System
c) Bluetooth service Set
d) Bluetooth service System
Explanation: BBS stands for Basic service Set. It is a term used to describe the collection of stations which may communicate with each other within an 802.11 network. It is used for telecommunication services.
3. What do you understand by the term CAPCODE?
a) an encryption scheme
b) an addressing scheme
c) an error-detection scheme
d) a decryption scheme
Explanation: CAPCODE is only used as an addressing scheme.
4. The “forward” PCs channel is ________
a) from the base to mobile
b) from the mobile to base
c) from mobile to mobile
d) from base to base
Explanation: If the PCs channel is forwarded then it means that signal goes from the base to the mobile.
5. What is the full form of MSC?
a) Mobile Service Cellular
b) Mobile Switching Center
c) Mobile Switching Control
d) Mobile Servicing Council
Explanation: MSC stands for Mobile Switching Center. It is a 2G core network element that controls the network switching subsystem elements.
6. LNA stands for __________
a) low noise amplifier
b) low noise amplification
c) low narrow amplification
d) low narrow amplifier
Explanation: LNA stands for low noise amplifier. It is used to amplify possibly weak signals such as those as received by an antenna.
7. The “payload” in a communication satellite consists of _________
a) power amplifiers
Explanation: Transponders works as the payload in any communication. It uses for receiving a radio signal and then automatically transmits a different signal.
8. What is the height of the geosynchronous orbit above the equator?
c) depends on escape velocity
d) depends on satellite velocity
Explanation: The height of the geosynchronous orbit above the equator is approximately 35,780 km.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Analog Communications.
To practice all areas of Analog Communications, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Analog Communications
- Participate in Analog Communications Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Analog Communications
- Take Analog Communications Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Practice Electronics & Communication Engineering MCQs
- Practice Electronics Engineering MCQs
- Apply for Analog Communication Internship
- Apply for Electronics & Communication Engineering Internship
- Apply for Electronics Engineering Internship