This set of Automotive Engine Auxiliary Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Engine Performance”.
1. Which of the mentioned below is not an example of engine operating behavior?
a) Fuel consumption
c) Mechanical loading
d) Passenger loading
Explanation: The engine operating behavior in the speed load domain, for example, the behavior of emissions, fuel consumption, noise, mechanical and thermal loading.
2. Which of the mentioned below is a sensor to check the camshaft position?
Explanation: CKP is a crankshaft position sensor, CMP is a camshaft position sensor, VSS is a vehicle speed sensor, and APP is an acceleration pedal position.
3. Which of the mentioned below is a sensor to check the crankshaft position?
Explanation: CKP is a crankshaft position sensor. It is an electronic device used to monitor the position of the rotational speed of the crankshaft, to alter the ignition timing.
4. Which of the mentioned below is a sensor to check the acceleration pedal position?
Explanation: APP is an acceleration pedal position.This transmits the position of the accelerator pedal to the engine control unit to alter the amount of charge sent to the cylinder.
5. Which of the mentioned below is a sensor to check the vehicle speed sensor?
Explanation: VSS is a vehicle speed sensor. It is a type of tachometer, used to read the speed of a vehicle’s wheel rotation. It consists of a toothed ring and pickup.
6. Which of the mentioned below is a sensor to check the oxygen?
b) Knock sensor
d) Lambda sensor
Explanation: A lambda sensor is an oxygen sensor is an electronic device that measures the proportion of oxygen(O2) in the exhaust gas or the liquid being analyzed.
7. Which sensor is fitted in the intake manifold?
c) Lambda sensor
Explanation: The Manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP sensor) is one of the sensors used in an internal combustion engine’s electronic control system. Fitted in the intake manifold.
8. Which of the mentioned below is an actuator in engine performance?
a) Fuel injector
d) Knock sensor
Explanation: Knock sensor, TPS(Throttle Position Sensor), lambda sensors give input to the engine control unit and this decides the amount of fuel to be sprayed. The fuel injector is an actuator.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Automotive Engine Auxiliary Systems.
To practice all areas of Automotive Engine Auxiliary Systems, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Automotive Engine Design
- Participate in Automotive Engine Design Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Automotive Engine Design
- Take Automotive Engine Design Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10