In this article, we will explore what an Automotive Engine Design certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Automotive Engine Design by Sanfoundry for free.
What is an Automotive Engine certification?
An Automotive Engine certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Automotive Engine Design. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- usage of catalogs and standard machine component.
- constructional details and working of various auxiliary systems used for an internal combustion engine, scavenging systems for two-stroke engines.
- cooling and lubrication system for the internal combustion engine.
- effect of supercharging and turbocharging on engine performance.
- steps involved in the Design Process.
- usage of standard practices and standard data.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Automotive Engine Design?
The free Automotive Engineer certification from Sanfoundry helps you find work in the field. Other common certifications include the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification, the Automotive Engine Performance (AEP) certification, certification offered by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and the Automotive Technician Certification (ATC) certification. Like Sanfoundry these certifications also covers topics such as thermodynamics, combustion engine design, fuels, lubricants, and emissions control systems.
What type of job can I get with an Automotive Engine Design certification?
The Automotive Engine Design certification is a great way to get your foot in the door of the automotive industry. With Automotive Engine Design certification you can work as a mechanical engineer, engine designer, and many others. This certification can help you get a job as an automotive engineer, or even as a designer who specializes in engines.
What topics are covered in the Automotive Engine Design certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Automotive Engine Design Certification Syllabus|
|Design of IC Engine Components||Whipping Stress||Crankshaft|
|Cooling System||Coolants||Methods of Cooling|
|Lubrication and Lubricants||Systems of Engine Lubrication||Oil Filters|
|Petrol Engine Fuel Supply System||Air Cleaners||Carburettor Types|
|Diesel Engine Fuel Supply System||Conventional Ignition System||Governor|
|Storage Batteries||Starting System||Fuels, Intake System & Leakage Preventers|
|Basic Engine Components||Cylinder Liners||Connecting Rod|
|Valve Timing Technologies||Exhaust System & Petrol Engine Fuel Supply System||Testing of Automobile Engine|
An Automotive Engine certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual's proficiency in Automotive Engine Design.
What are the benefits of obtaining an Automotive Engine certification?
Benefits of getting an Automotive Engine Design certification include demonstrating expertise in the subject and increasing competitiveness in the job market. It can also open up new opportunities for career advancement.
Sanfoundry Automotive Engine CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Automotive Engine Design for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Automotive Engine from Sanfoundry.
Automotive Engine Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Automotive Engine CertificateHow to prepare for Automotive Engine Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Automotive Engine MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Automotive Engine Design Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Automotive Engine Design Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Automotive Engine Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Automotive Engine? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Automotive Engine certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Automotive Engine exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Automotive Engine Design in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn an Automotive Engine certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Automotive Engine Design course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Automotive Engine online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Automotive Engine Design.
7. Which online Automotive Engine Design Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Automotive Engine Design. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Automotive Engine Design Certification Course.
8. Can I get Automotive Engine Design certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Automotive Engine certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Automotive Engine certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Automotive Engine Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Automotive Engine MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Automotive Engine Design Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Automotive Engine certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Automotive Engine Design?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Automotive Engine Design certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.