This set of Casting Interview Questions and Answers focuses on “Pattern Making”.
1. Which of the following is not measuring, marking or layout tools?
d) Compass Saw
Explanation: A caliper, a trisquare and a T-bevel are few of the tools used for measuring, marking and layout tools used by a pattern maker for making pattern. A compass saw is not a part of it.
2. Which of the following tool is not used for clamping purpose?
c) Bar clamp
d) Hand Vice
Explanation: A trammel is a measuring, marking and layout tool. While C-clamp, bar clamp, and hand vice are tools which are used for clamping process.
3. Which of the following is not a sawing tool?
a) Coping saw
b) Pinch dog
c) Panel saw
d) Bow saw
Explanation: Pinch dog is one of the tools used for clamping processes. While coping saw, panel saw and bow saw are the different types of sawing tools.
4. Gimlet is which of the following tool?
a) Clamping tools
b) Drilling tool
c) Sawing tool
d) Wood planing tool
Explanation: Gimlet is one of the drilling and boring tools. Gimlet is used for making patterns but is not counted under clamping, sawing or wood planing tool.
5. Which of the following is not a drilling or boring tool?
b) Counter sink bit
c) Auger bit
d) Hand vice
Explanation: Hand vice is one of the tools used for clamping processes. While, brace, counter sink bit and ager bit are counted among drilling tools or boring tools.
6. Which of the following is not a wood planing tool?
a) Block plane
b) Scrub plane
d) Centre bit
Explanation: Centre bit is counted among drilling and boring tool, whereas, bock plane, scrub plane and spokeshave are different types of wood planing tools.
7. A mallet comes under which type of tool?
a) Drilling tool
b) Clamping tool
c) Other pattern maker’s tool
d) Sawing tool
Explanation: A mallet comes under other pattern maker’s tool, as this tool cannot be used for drilling, clamping or sawing or any other classified purpose.
8. Which of the following pattern making machine works on two pulleys?
a) Circular saw
b) Band saw
c) Wood turning lathe
d) Jig saw
Explanation: A band saw utilises an endless metal saw band which has movement of two pulleys located one above the other in a vertical plane.
9. Which of the following pattern making machine makes wooden board?
b) Drill press
d) Scroll saw
Explanation: A jointer or hand planer has its use in producing wooden boards and planks. Basically, a plane of uniform thickness.
10. Disc Sander is an abrasive type of machine.
Explanation: Abrasive type of machines has three types, belt sander, spindle sander and disc sander. Hence, disc sander is a type of abrasive type of machine.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Casting.
To practice all areas of Casting for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Casting Forming and Welding I
- Participate in Casting Forming and Welding I Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Casting Forming and Welding I
- Take Casting Forming and Welding I Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10