Our 1000+ “Casting, Forming & Welding – Part 1” (along with 1000+ “Casting, Forming and Welding – Part2”) questions and answers focuses on all areas of Casting, Forming & Welding subject covering 200+ topics in Casting, Forming & Welding. One can read Part 2 Here. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Casting, Forming & Welding. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Casting, Forming & Welding comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Casting, Forming & Welding interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Casting, Forming & Welding with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Casting, Forming & Welding Subject
Who should Practice these Casting, Forming & Welding Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Casting, Forming & Welding Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Casting, Forming & Welding
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Casting, Forming & Welding – Part 1 Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Pattern and Pattern Making
The section contains questions and answers on pattern types and functions, pattern and casting differences, jointing and pattern materials, pattern design, pattern fillets, patterns storage, pattern making and colours.
Difference between Pattern and Casting
Functions of a Pattern
Types of Pattern
Finishing Patterns & Storing of Patterns
2. Questions on Molding and Core Sands
The section contains questions on mold materials, molding sands and its properties, bonding theory, grain size and shape, indian and refactory sands, fire clays, illite and kaolinite, preparation of core mix and molding sand mixtures and binders.
Molding Sands Binders
Properties of Molding Sands
Grain Size and Shape
Fire Clays, Illite and Kaolinite
Molding Sand Mixtures for Casting
Indian Sand and Core Sand
Preparation of Core Mix
3. Questions & Answers on Sand Preparation
The section contains questions and answers on preparation and testing of molding sand.
|Molding Sand Preparation||Testing of Molding Sand|
4. Questions on Core and Core Making
The section contains questions on core functions, finishing cores, cores types and settings, making and baking of cores, dielectric core bakers and core application.
Different Functions of Core
Making the Cores
Baking the Cores
Finishing of Cores
Types of Cores
Dielectric Core Bakers
Setting the Cores
5. Questions & Answers on Mold and Mold Making
The section contains questions and answers on molds types, molding processes, ramming mold boxes methods, green sand molding methods, moulds venting, mold metal reaction and hand molding equipment.
6. Questions on Pattern and Mould, Principles of Gating & Risering
The section contains questions on green sand mould, gating design, riser design, types and functions, gating systems functions and directional solidification.
Green Sand Mould
Functions of Gating Systems
Functions of a Riser
Types of Risers
Riser Design – 1
Riser Design – 2
7. Questions & Answers on Pouring – Gating Design, Melting Furnaces, Melting and Casting Quality
The section contains questions and answers on aspiration and friction effects, velocity distribution, melting furnaces, metals gases, casting cleaning and sand castings product design.
Effects of Friction and Velocity Distribution
Furnaces for Melting
Gases in Metals
Product Design for Sand Castings
8. Questions on Special Casting Techniques
The section contains questions on special casting techniques, shell moulding, precision investment casting, permanent mould casting, co2 process, various castings like die castings, gravity and vaccum die castings, low pressure die castings, centrifugal casting, continuous casting, squeeze and slush casting.
9. Questions & Answers on Inspection Testing in Foundries
The section contains questions and answers on inspection and testing, inspection procedures, visual and dimensional inspection, mechanical properties testing, destructive and non destructive testing.
Inspection and Testing
Testing of Mechanical Properties
Non Destructive Testing
10. Questions on Cooling and Solidification
The section contains questions on solidification rate and mechanism, large casting solidification in insulating mould, solidification with predominant interface resistance and constant surface temperature, riser placement and residual stress.
11. Questions & Answers on Salvage of Defective Castings
The section contains questions and answers on casting affecting factors, defects classification and salvaging techniques.
Classification of Defects & Factors Affecting Salvage of Castings
Salvaging Techniques – 1
|Salvaging Techniques – 2|
12. Questions on Foundry Mechanizations
The section contains questions on mechanization, mechanized foundry and its processing steps, molding and core making machines.
Processing Steps in Mechanized Foundry
Core Making Machines
13. Questions & Answers on Foundry Environment Health & Dust Problem in Foundries
The section contains questions and answers on foundry environment health and safety, dust measurement, dust control, doundry dust extraction and dust collecting equipment.
Foundry Environment Health and Safety – 1
Foundry Environment Health and Safety – 2
Dust Measurement and Sampling
Dust Control and Dust Extraction in Foundry
Dust Collecting Equipment
14. Questions on Preventive Maintenance in Foundries & Metal Casting Process
The section contains questions on preventive maintenance elements, pattern allowances, heating and pouring, hot and cold chamber die casting.
Elements of Preventive Maintenance
Heating and Pouring
Hot Chamber and Cold Chamber Die Casting
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Casting, Forming & Welding!