This set of Software Defined Radio Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Software Architecture – 1”.
1. GNU radio supports distributed computing.
Explanation: GNU radio does not support distributed computing. The implementations are limited to a single processor and therefore do not support high bandwidth protocols.
2. GNU radio uses ____ for baseband processing.
Explanation: GNU radio uses general purpose processor for baseband processing. This confines the signal processing capabilities to one particular processor. It is one of limitations of using GNU radio.
3. Procedural programming involves ____
Explanation: Procedural programming is based on the concept of procedure call. The hardware requirement of procedural programming consists of stack register and instruction for calling subroutines.
4. ____ extends data type of linear programming to description of characteristics and behaviour.
a) Declarative programming
b) Object oriented programming
d) Array oriented
Explanation: Object oriented programming extends data type of linear programming to describe objects. Objects are described by their characteristics and behaviour. Member variables define characteristics and functions define behaviour.
5. ____ belong to a class and exist as a single copy.
a) Member variables
b) Instance variables
c) Class variables
Explanation: Class variables belong to a class and exist as a single copy. Instance variables belong to individual objects. Instance variables exists as many copies. Each copy is paired with a separate object. Member variables include class variables and instance variables.
6. The property of providing selective information is called ____
Explanation: Abstraction allows only selective and applicable information to be made available while other information may be hidden. Abstraction reduces complexity between layers of implementation as only relevant information will be available to each layer. Encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism are other properties of object oriented programming.
7. A class may be considered as an implementation of the concept ____
Explanation: Encapsulation is the concept of fusing data and functions together as a single unit. Functions for accessing data are an example for encapsulation.
8. In component based programming, a component may have ____
a) only one subunit
b) only one class
c) one or more subunits
d) one or more classes
Explanation: Component based programming is an extension of object oriented programming. A component is the basic unit of component based programming and may have one or more classes. It is defined by functionality and interfaces.
9. ____ service selects and de-selects component instances.
Explanation: Distribution service may select and de-select component instance depending on the request made by client of component service. It also manages the component instances assigned for execution on remote host processors.
10. Components are ____
d) only early-binded
Explanation: A significant aspect of component based programming is that components are substitutable. A component may be replaced by another component or an updated version during design time or run time provided the new component meets the set requirements. Substitutability supports late binding.
11. In aspect oriented programming, the functions that appear at many points in an application are called ____
a) sliced functions
b) multi-cutting functions
c) split-cutting concerns
d) cross-cutting concerns
Explanation: Aspect oriented programming allows for the establishment of relationship between classes. Aspect is the key unit of modularity in aspect oriented programming. The program logic is divided into smaller parts called concern.
12. The dominant design philosophy in software defined radio design is ____
a) linear programming
b) object oriented programming
c) component based programming
d) aspect oriented programming
Explanation: Component based programming is an extension of object oriented programming. Component based programming is preferred for SDR design as the functional blocks of radio system can be easily represented using separate components.
13. Which among the following is the advantage of using design pattern?
b) Ease of implementation
d) Common terminology
Explanation: Design patterns are programming methodologies. Code reuse and common terminology are the major advantages of using design pattern. The use of common terminology creates better understanding among team members.
14. GNU radio is a ____ based architecture.
Explanation: GNU radio is a Python based architecture. It is designed to run on computers with Linux operating system. It can be used as external RF hardware to develop software radios and has several signal processing components.
15. Aspect oriented programming requires the creation of new language constructs unlike component based programming.
Explanation: Aspect oriented programming requires the creation of new language constructs that associate an aspect to a particular class. Component based programming is a coding style. It does not have strict definitions in mainstream languages.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Defined Radio.
To practice all areas of Software Defined Radio, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Cognitive Radio
- Participate in Cognitive Radio Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Cognitive Radio
- Take Cognitive Radio Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10