This set of Cognitive Radio Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Radio Flexibility”.
1. SINCGARS is a family of ____ radios.
a) high frequency (HF)
b) very high frequency (VHF)
c) ultra-high frequency (UHF)
d) super high frequency (SHF)
Explanation: Single-Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System consists of a family of radios that operate in the very high frequency band. They use frequency modulation. The radio is meant for command and control signals of voice and tactical data.
2. Demand Assign Multiple Access is ____ function.
a) a technical
b) an administrative
c) a multiplexing
d) a literal
Explanation: Demand Assign Multiple Access (DAMA) is related to channel and resource allocation. It can be classified based on switching technique or control schemes. It is employed in AN/WSC – 3.
3. In ____, the data signal is multiplied with a chip code data stream.
a) Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)
b) Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA)
c) Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS)
d) Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA)
Explanation: The direct sequence spread spectrum is used to spread the transmitted signal over a bandwidth wider than the information bandwidth. It offers secure communication with reduce interference.
4. Which among the following techniques use direct sequence spread spectrum?
a) Code Division Multiple Access
b) Frequency Division Multiple Access
c) Time Division Multiple Access
d) Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access
Explanation: Code Division Multiple Access is a channel access method. It allows a user to occupy the allocated bandwidth for an entire period. This is accomplished by spread spectrum technology where each user is provided with a spreading code for transmission.
5. Position Location Reporting System offers an accuracy of ____
Explanation: Position Location Reporting System provides positioning, location, and reporting information for tactical commanders. It is an ultra-high frequency transceiver radio used for geo-location with 15-m accuracy.
6. The ____ helps to achieve over-the-horizon transmission in position location reporting system.
a) sub-master station
b) subordinate station
c) connecting station
d) master station
Explanation: Position Location Reporting System consists of a computer controlled master station with cryptographic security. It assists the network in using the user units as relay for over-the-horizon transmission.
7. Which among the following is not supported by AN/ARC-164 HaveQuickΙΙ?
a) Air-to-air communication
b) Ground-to-ground communication
c) Air-to-ground communication
d) Ground-to-air communication
Explanation: AN/ARC-164 HaveQuickΙΙ is a direct line of sight system operating in the ultra high frequency band. It uses amplitude modulated waveforms. It operates as a single channel or a frequency hopping radio.
8. Which of the following is a parameter used for co-ordination between aircraft and ground radio in HaveQuick?
a) Song of the day
b) Number of the day
c) Word of the day
d) Date of the day
Explanation: HaveQuick is initialized with the parameters word of the day, time of the day, and a net number. It is given as input to pseudo random number generator to control frequency. Word of the day is a transmission security variable.
9. AN/ARC-220 uses software realized ____
Explanation: AN/ARC-220 is a high frequency radio operating in the range 2 – 29.999 MHz. It uses software realized DSP and is software capable. It offers secure voice and data communication.
10. VanuAnywave is an example for software defined radio.
Explanation: VanuAnywave is a software defined system that uses off the shelf hardware and proprietary software. It provides software implementation of base transceiver station, base station controller, and transcoder and rate adaption unit modules of the base station subsystem.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Cognitive Radio.
To practice all areas of Cognitive Radio, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Cognitive Radio
- Participate in Cognitive Radio Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Cognitive Radio
- Take Cognitive Radio Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10