This set of Instrumentation Transducers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Flip Flop Circuits”.
1. One flip-flop unit can store __________ of data.
a) One nibble
b) One bit
c) One byte
d) One kilo-bit
Explanation: Flip-flop is the basic storage device which can store one bit of data.
2. SR flip-flop stands for ______________
Explanation: SR flip flop stands for set reset flip flop.
3. Which of the following represents D flip flop?
a) Data flip flop
b) Delay flip flop
c) Direct flip flop
d) Decode flip flop
Explanation: D flip flop is delay flip flop in which input data is transmitted to output with a delay of one clock pulse.
4. SR flip flop have undefined state when______________
a) Both inputs are low
b) Both inputs are high
c) One input is low
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: SR flip flop output changes indefinitely when two inputs are high.
5. Latch is a circuit which operates according to a clock pulse.
Explanation: Latch circuit operates according to enable signal. If EN pin is high latch becomes ON.
6. Race around condition can be rectified by ___________
a) SR flip flop
b) JK flip flop
c) JK master slave flip flop
d) D flip flop
Explanation: Race around condition is the change of output for more than once during a single clock pulse. It can be rectified by using master save flip flop.
7. Which of the following is an application of flip-flop?
a) Shift register
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Shift register is used for shifting data serially or parallel, flip flop is the basic building block of shift register.
8. If SET pin is active, output becomes ______________
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: SET pin is used to make flip flop output to a known state.
9. In SR flip flop if both inputs are low, output becomes _______________
c) No change
Explanation: In SR flip flop if both inputs are low output remains unchanged from previous state.
10. Which of the following is not a sequential circuit?
a) Flip flop
c) Logical gate
d) Shift register
Explanation: Sequential circuits are those in which previous output.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Instrumentation Transducers
- Participate in Instrumentation Transducers Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Instrumentation Transducers
- Take Instrumentation Transducers Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10