This set of Instrumentation Transducers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “High Frequency Amplifiers”.
1. Which of the following represents the radio frequency range?
a) Less than 100 Hz
b) Less than 100 KHz
c) Less than 100MHz
d) Between 100MHz to 2000 MHz
Explanation: Radio frequency range or simply RF range lies between 100 MHz and 2000 MHz.
2. Which of the following represents RF?
a) Relative frequency
b) Radio frequency
c) Recursive frequency
d) Reduced frequency
Explanation: RF is the short form of radio frequency.
3. High frequency amplifier in FM telemetry have ______________
a) Zero frequency
b) Infinite frequency
c) Variable frequency
d) Fixed frequency
Explanation: High frequency amplifier in FM telemetry have fixed frequency since they amplify in narrow bandwidth range.
4. Cathode ray oscilloscope uses ________________
a) Wide band amplifier
b) Narrow band amplifier
c) Zero band amplifier
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Wide band amplifiers are used in CRO since their operation lies in a wide band of frequency.
5. Ideal op-amp have _______________ input impedance.
Explanation: Ideal operational amplifiers are characterized by infinite input impedance.
6. Gain of wide band amplifiers are ____________
a) Very low
b) Less than 100
c) 100 to 300
d) 300 to 600
Explanation: Gain of wide band amplifiers are limited to a band 100 to 300.
7. Ideal op-amp have equal input impedance and output impedance values.
Explanation: Ideal op-amp have infinite input impedance and zero output impedance, hence they are not equal.
8. Wide band amplifiers are most commonly _________________
a) Single ended
b) Double ended
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Wide band amplifiers are usually single ended devices.
9. Which of the following can be used as an amplifier?
a) IC 8870
b) IC 741
c) IC 4047
d) IC 4041
Explanation: IC 741 is an op-amp IC and they can be used as an amplifier.
10. Which of the following op-amp configurations are not possible?
a) Differential amplifier
b) Inverting amplifier
c) Non-inverting amplifier
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Op-amp can be configured to operate in many forms such as a differential amplifier, inverting amplifier and non-inverting amplifier.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Instrumentation Transducers
- Participate in Instrumentation Transducers Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Instrumentation Transducers
- Take Instrumentation Transducers Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10