This set of Instrumentation Transducers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “DC Power Supplies”.
1. Which of the following can be source of supply in dc power supplies?
b) Dry cell
c) Full wave rectifier
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Source of supply will be battery, dry cell or full wave rectifier etc.
2. Which of the applications filters used for?
a) Reducing ripples
b) Increasing ripples
c) Increasing phase change
d) Increasing amplitude
Explanation: Ripples are ac components and filters are used for eliminating ac components from a signal.
3. Which of the following represent change of output voltage when load current is increased?
a) Line regulation
b) Load regulation
c) Current regulation
d) Voltage regulation
Explanation: Load regulation is the process of fractional change of output voltage when load current is increased from zero to maximum value.
4. Which of the following generate output voltage much closer to true value?
a) True generator
b) Precision generator
c) Output generator
d) Accurate generator
Explanation: Precision generators are one which generate output voltage much closer to true value.
5. Why zener diodes are provided in dc supply?
a) For forward conduction
b) For reverse conduction
c) For reference voltage
d) For increasing amplitude
Explanation: Zener diodes in dc power supplies are used for providing a reference voltage used for comparison.
6. Stability of output voltage is entirely depended on ______________
a) Stability of transformer
b) Stability of zener diode
c) Quality of wires
d) Capacitor values
Explanation: Stability of zener diodes used is an important factor in determining stability of output voltage in dc power supply.
7. For excellent stability, zener diode is kept in temperature controlled casket.
Explanation: Zener diode is kept on temperature controlled casket due to its low temperature coefficient which may lead to less stability.
8. For instrumentation system, precision variable voltage-reference system is necessary.
Explanation: Precision variable voltage reference system is used for comparing voltage with a reference voltage and can be used in instrumentation system.
9. Which of the following can be used as a comparator?
a) Zener diode
c) Operational amplifier
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Operational amplifier can be used as a comparator circuit.
10. Which of the following are not standard value of zener diodes?
a) 5.1 V
b) 5.6 V
Explanation: Standard values of zener voltages are 5.1V, 5.6V, 6.2V and 9.1V etc.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.