This set of Instrumentation Transducers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Measurement of Voltage”.
1. A Multimeter is used to measure ___________
a) Only AC current
b) Only DC voltage
c) Both AC and DC quantities
d) Resistance only
Explanation: Multimeter is a device which can be used to measure both AC and DC quantities and also resistance.
2. Which of the following device can be used to measure low voltage?
b) Moving iron voltmeter
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: CRO (Cathode ray oscilloscope) is a device which can be used to measure the voltage level of signals with a wide range of variation.
3. Which of the following applications are electrostatic instruments suited for?
a) With AC quantities only
b) With AC and DC quantities
c) With DC quantities only
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Electrostatic instruments are devices which can be used in both AC and DC quantities.
4. Which of the following unit is used to express the sensitivity of analog voltmeter?
c) No unit
d) Ohms per volt
Explanation: Sensitivity of analog voltmeter is expressed in terms of ohms per volt. That is number of Ω resistance in meter circuit divided by the full scale measured value.
5. In a CRO what is the purpose of the blanking circuit?
a) To increase visual quality
b) To increase number of channels
c) To eliminate retrace of signals due to movement of spot
d) None of mentioned
Explanation: Blanking circuit is used to eliminate retrace of signals when spot moves from left to right.
6. Who invented the first digital voltmeter?
a) Edward Lawry Norton
b) Andrew Kay
c) Joseph Henry
d) Nicola tesla
Explanation: Digital voltmeter gives output reading on digital format. It was invented by Andrew Kay.
7. Which of the following can be the range of input impedance of voltmeter?
a) less than 1Ω
b) Between 1Ω and 10Ω
c) Very high
Explanation: Input impedance of volt meter is of the order of 10MΩ. That is very high. Voltmeter has a high shunt resistance value.
8. What is the purpose of a differential amplifier in voltmeter?
a) Elimination of unwanted signals
b) To find difference of voltages
c) To eliminate DC components
d) To set a certain voltage level
Explanation: Differential amplifiers is included in voltmeters to avoid any spurious signals, which may arise due to electrostatic stray field.
9. In a CRO to which part saw tooth waveform is applied?
a) Horizontal amplifier
b) To fluorescent screen
c) Vertical deflection plate
d) Electron gun
Explanation: Saw tooth wave is applied to the horizontal amplifier of CRO. Horizontal amplifier controls horizontal deflection plates.
10. What will be the sensitivity of a volt meter with 0 to 7mA meter movement?
a) 143 Ω/ V
b) 140 Ω/V
c) 100 Ω/V
d) 10 Ω/V
Explanation: Sensitivity of a voltmeter is the reciprocal of maximum current deflection. It is expressed in unit Ω/V. here sensitivity is reciprocal of 7mA.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.