This set of Instrumentation Transducers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Electrical Networks”.
1. Electrical network made up of resistor and inductor is a ________________
a) Passive network
b) Active network
c) Low pass filter
d) High pass filter
Explanation: Resistor and Inductor are passive electrical components, and network made up of passive components can be termed as passive network.
2. Resistor is a ________________ element.
a) Zero order
b) First order
c) Second order
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: For a zero order system transfer function will be constant and resistor can be categorize as zero order system.
3. What is the time constant for a resistor-capacitor network?
Explanation: For an R-C network, time constant is the product of resistance and capacitance values.
4. Cascading two first-order system doesn’t result in under-damped second order system.
Explanation: When two first order systems are cascaded, it produces second order critically damped or over damped system only.
5. Which of the following has transfer function G(S) =1/(1+Sτ)?
a) First order low pass filter
b) First order high pass filter
c) Notch filter
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Transfer function of a low-pass RC filter can be found as G(S) =1/(1+SRC). Where time constant τ=RC.
6. In which of the following categories RLC network can be included?
a) Zero-order system
b) First-order system
c) Second-order system
d) Third-order system
Explanation: Transfer function of RLC circuit is 1/(s2 LC+sRC+1) , in which highest power of ‘S’ is two and system is second-ordered system.
7. For a RC network with R=1KΩ and C=100µF .What will be the time constant of system?
Explanation: Time constant of a RC network is the product of resistance and capacitance values.
8. What is the Laplace transform of component inductor?
Explanation: Relation between current flowing and voltage developed across an inductor is given by VL= L(dI(t))/dt and converting into Laplace domain and applying initial conditions to zero, we get
V(s) =L I(s).
9. How we can express Laplace transform of component capacitor?
Explanation: Relation for a capacitor is given as1/C ∫0τi(t)dt, converting it to Laplace domain and applying zero initial conditions we get 1/sC.
10. What is the natural frequency of RLC circuit?
Explanation: Transfer function of RLC circuit is 1/(s2 LC+sRC+1) , while general equation of a second order system is1/(s2+2δωn s+ωn2). From the relation, ωn2=1/LC and we obtain natural frequency.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.