This set of Instrumentation Transducers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Seismic Displacement Transducers”.
1. Seismic transducers are used to measure ______________
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Seismic transducers can be used to measure small displacement like vibrations, velocity and acceleration.
2. Seismic mass has freedom to move any direction.
Explanation: Movement of seismic mass is limited to one direction using a spring and damper system.
3. Relative displacement between housing frame and seismic mass in seismic transducer will be ____________
Explanation: Relative displacement between housing frame and seismic mass is the difference between absolute displacement of platform and displacement of mass.
4. Which of the following represents the application of spring?
a) To provide stability
b) To provide oscillatory motion
c) To provide restoring force
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Spring is used to provide restoring force to mass when device displaces.
5. Damper system is used to ______________
a) Produce oscillations
b) Limit oscillations
c) To produce displacement
d) For indication
Explanation: Damper systems are used to limit oscillations made by mass when the device is displaced.
6. Which of the following represents the correct relation for undamped natural frequency of system?
Explanation: Undamped natural frequency of a seismic transducer is the square root of the ratio of restoring force and mass.
7. Seismic transducer is only applicable for displacement measurement.
Explanation: Seismic transducers can be used to measure both displacement, velocity and acceleration with several changes on the mass-spring-damper system.
8. Which of the following spring-mass arrangement is used for displacement measurement?
a) Soft spring small mass
b) Soft spring large mass
c) Stiff spring small mass
d) Stiff spring large mass
Explanation: For displacement measurement, Soft spring large mass arrangement is used. Only in this arrangement, observable changes in the position of mass can be detected.
9. How bandwidth can be increased?
a) Lowering natural frequency
b) Increasing natural frequency
c) Doubling natural frequency
d) Bandwidth cannot be increased
Explanation: Natural frequency can be lowered for increasing bandwidth of seismic displacement transducer. Which means spring must be softer and mass should be large.
10. Seismic displacement transducers are not suitable for measuring ______________
a) Vibrating velocities
b) Static velocities
c) Dynamic velocities
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: In amplitude response for zero and infinite frequencies amplitude becomes zero and we don’t get any flat amplitude response.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Instrumentation Transducers
- Participate in Instrumentation Transducers Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Instrumentation Transducers
- Take Instrumentation Transducers Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10