This set of Instrumentation Transducers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Inverse Transducers”.
1. Inverse transducers are also known as _________________
a) Open loop transducers
b) Closed loop transducers
c) Input transducers
d) Output transducers
Explanation: Output transducers are which converts electrical quantity to non-electrical quantity, known as inverse transducers.
2. A system with feedback loop doesn’t have ______________
a) Less stability
b) High linearity
c) Zero-order operation
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: For a system feedback loop is provided to ensure high stability, linearity.
3. Which of the following represents torque produced in a PMMC device?
Explanation: B represents flux density in the air gap, A represents area of moving coil and N represents number of turns in the moving coil.
4. Inverse transducer is system which converts _________________
a) Electrical quantity to non-electrical quantity
b) Non-electrical quantity to electrical quantity
c) Electrical quantity to electrical quantity itself
d) Non- electrical quantity to non-electrical quantity itself
Explanation: Transducers are devices which transfers measurand which will be a non-electrical quantity to electrical quantity. Inverse transducers are the devices operating just opposite to transducers.
5. In a PMMC device what change will happen to torque, if flux density increased?
c) Remain constant
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: In torque equation of a PMMC device torque and flux density have a direct proportionality.
Where Tf is the torque and B is the flux density.
6. PMMC devices are converters of _____________
a) Voltage to force
b) Force to voltage
c) Force to force
d) Voltage to voltage
Explanation: Permanent Magnet Moving coil converts input electrical quantity to force or torque in needle system.
7. In PMMC device, torque and number of turns have _______________
a) Inverse proportionality
b) Direct proportionality
Explanation: Torque equation is Tf=BANI0, Where Tf is the torque and N is the number of turns.
8. Which of the following is an inverse transducer _____________
a) Piezoelectric transducer
c) Load cell
d) Bourdon tube
Explanation: Piezo electric transducers are devices which are capable of converting electrical quantity to non-electrical quantity, which is an inverse transducer.
9. Input transducers and inverse transducers are same.
Explanation: Input transducers are devices which convert non-electrical quantity to electrical quantity and Inverse transducers are devices which convert electrical quantity to non-electrical quantity.
10. Which of the following cannot act as inverse transducer?
b) Barium titanate
c) Lead zirconate
Explanation: Quartz, Barium titanate and Lead zirconate are piezo electrical substances which are known for its ability to act as inverse transducers.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.