Our 1000+ Separation Processes questions and answers focuses on all areas of Separation Processes subject covering 100+ topics in Separation Processes. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Separation Processes. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Separation Processes comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Separation Processes interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Separation Processes with explanations.
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Separation Processes Subject.
Who should Practice these Separation Processes Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Separation Processes Subject.
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Separation Processes.
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews).
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations.
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students.
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Separation Processes Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Separation Processes
The section contains questions and answers on industrial chemical processes, basic separation techniques, phase additions or creations, solid agents and barriers, external fields or gradient, bio and feasible solutions.
Industrial Chemical Processes
Basic Separation Techniques
Separations by Phase Additions or Creations
Separations by Solid Agents and Barriers
Separations by External Field or Gradient
Introduction to Bioseparations
Selection of Feasible Separations
2. Questions on Thermodynamics of Separation Operations
The section contains questions on energy, entropy, phase equilibria, ideal gas and ideal liquid solutions, graphical corelations, nonideal thermodynamic models, difficult mixtures and liquid activity coefficient models.
Energy, Entropy and Availability Balance
Ideal gas and Ideal Liquid-Solution Model
Graphical Correlations of Thermodynamic Properties
Non-ideal Thermodynamic Property Models
Liquid Activity Coefficient Models
3. Questions & Answers on Mass Transfer and Diffusion
The section contains questions and answers on steady and unsteady state mass transfer, mass transfer in laminar flow and turbulent flow, two film theory and mass transfer coefficients.
Steady-state, Ordinary Molecular Diffusion
Steady and Unsteady State Mass Transfer Through Stationary Media
Mass Transfer in Laminar Flow
Mass Transfer in Turbulent Flow
Two Film Theory and Overall Mass transfer Coefficients
4. Questions on Single Equilibrium Stages and Flash Calculations
The section contains questions on binary vapour liquid system, solid and gas liquid systems, multicomponent flash and multiphase systems.
Binary Vapor-Liquid System
Multicomponent Flash, Bubble Point and Dew Point Calculations
5. Questions & Answers on Cascades and Hybrid Systems
The section contains questions and answers on solid liquid cascades and cascade configurations.
|Cascade Configurations||Solid-liquid Cascades|
6. Questions on Absorption and Stripping of Dilute Mixtures
The section contains questions on algebraic methods, rate base methods and stage efficiency.
Algebraic Method for Determining N
Stage Efficiency and Column Height for Trayed Columns
|Rate Based Method for Packed Columns|
7. Questions & Answers on Distillation of Binary Mixtures
The section contains questions and answers on mccabe thiele graphical method and rate base method for packed distillation columns.
|McCabe-Thiele Graphical Method for Trayed Towers||Rate-Based Methods for Packed Distillation Columns|
8. Questions on Liquid-Liquid Extraction with Ternary Systems
The section contains questions on solvent equipment extractions, hunter nash and maloney schubart graphical equilibrium, bioproducts extraction.
Equipment for Solvent Extraction(a)
Equipment for Solvent Extraction(b)
Hunter-Nash Graphical Equilibrium Stage Method
Maloney-Schubart Graphical Equilibrium Stage Method
Extraction of Bioproducts
9. Questions & Answers on Approximate Methods for Multicomponent Multistage Separations
The section contains questions and answers on fug method, kremser group and newton raphson methods.
Kremser Group Method
10. Questions on Enhanced and Batch Distillation
The section contains questions on extractive and salt distillation, pressure swing distillation, homogeneous and heterogeneous azeotropic distillation, reactive and differential distillation.
Pressure Swing Distillation
Homogeneous Azeotropic Distillation
Heterogeneous Azeotropic Distillation
Binary Batch Distillation
11. Questions & Answers on Membrane Separations
The section contains questions and answers on membrane materials, separation membranes, dialysis, electrodialysis, reverse osmosis, pervaporation, membrane modules and binary azeotropic mixtures.
Separation in Membranes-1
Separation in Membranes-2
Binary Azeotropic Mixtures
12. Questions on Adsorption, Ion Exchange, Chromatography and Electrophoresis, Leaching and Washing
The section contains questions on slurry and fixed bed adsorption, ion exchange cycle, electrophoresis, rate base models for leaching.
Slurry and Fixed Bed Adsorption Systems
Continuous Countercurrent Adsorption Systems
Equilibrium Stage Model for Leaching and Washing
Rate Based Model for Leaching
13. Questions & Answers on Crystallization, Desublimation and Evaporation
The section contains questions and answers on msmpr crystallization, precipitation, zone melting, desublimation, evaporation, bioproduct and melt crystallization, batch crystallization and equipment, drying equipment.
The MSMPR Crystallization Model
14. Questions on Drying of Solids
The sections covers questions on psychrometry, dryer models, byproducts, heat batch and continous system, air suspended drying systems and equilibrium moisture content.
Equilibrium-Moisture Content of Solids
Drying of Byproducts
Humidification and Water Cooling
Indirect Heat Batch and Continuous System
Air Suspended Drying Systems
15. Questions & Answers on Mechanical separation of Phases
The sections covers questions and answers on solid liquid cake filtration devices, biotechnology mechanical seperations, commercial adsorbents and its applications.
Design of Solid Liquid Cake-Filtration Devices Based on Pressure Gradients
Centrifuge Devices for Solid Liquid Separations
Mechanical Separations in Biotechnology
Commercial adsorbents and Their Applications
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Separation Processes!