In this article, we will explore what a PHP certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in PHP by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a PHP certification?
A PHP certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in PHP Programming. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- problem solving with smaller lines of code using PHP as compared to other programming languages.
- building dynamic web-pages with the help of PHP programming.
- fundamental concepts and programming environment of PHP.
- design of classes and efficient usage of PHP functions.
- implementing object oriented concepts like inheritance, reusability and encapsulation.
- application of custom exceptions and employment of concurrency.
- design of the database using MySQL.
Which PHP certification is best for PHP developers?
PHP certification is a great way to show your skills in a specific area of the language. The PHP certification program is offered by several different organizations, including PHP Certification Council (PC), PHP Association (PA), PHP Training & Education Foundation (TPEF). The certification offered by Sanfoundry will cover basics as well as advanced features of the programming language.
What type of job can I get with a PHP certification?
The PHP certification is a great way to start your career in the tech industry. With this certification, you can work as an application developer, Web developer or software engineer. You can also work in different fields which includes Desktop Application Development, Command-line Scripting, Server-side Scripting, Web Development, Compiler Based Applications Development.
What topics are covered in the PHP certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|PHP Certification Syllabus|
|Error Handling||Exception Handling||Filter|
|Strings||PHP Regular Expressions||File Handling|
|PHP Session Handling||User Authentication||Website Security|
|Objects and Databases||Image Uploading Ability||Object Tools and Design|
Sanfoundry PHP CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in PHP Programming for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in PHP from Sanfoundry.
PHP Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free PHP CertificateHow to prepare for PHP Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 PHP MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this PHP Programming Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this PHP Programming Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
PHP Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work as a Developer in PHP? Will it get me a job?
No, a certification is not essential to work as a Developer. However, it shows your proven expertise in the language and that is an added benefit in the job market.
2. Can I do PHP certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the PHP exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced PHP Programming in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a PHP certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my PHP Programming course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in PHP online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in PHP Programming.
7. Which online PHP Programming Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on PHP Programming. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free PHP Programming Certification Course.
8. Can I get PHP programming language certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is PHP certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the PHP certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the PHP Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry PHP MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best PHP Programming Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for PHP certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in PHP Programming?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the PHP programming language certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.