In this article, we will explore what a Basic Civil Engineering certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Basic Civil Engineering by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Basic Civil Engineering certification?
A Basic Civil Engineering certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Basic Civil Engineering. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- usage and proper selection of construction materials.
- Civil Engineering components of various Projects.
- measurement of distances and area by surveying.
- components used in power plant cycle.
- working principles of petrol and diesel engine.
- components of refrigeration and air conditioning cycle.
- basics of Civil Engineering.
- materials and measurements used in Civil Engineering.
- fundamental elements of civil engineering structures.
- components and working principle of powerplant units, IC engines and R & AC system.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Civil Engineering?
Sanfoundry Certification in Basic Civil Engineering helps you to understand the subject better. Other certifications available in the field of Basic Civil Engineering is the Engineering Technology Certification Program offered by the Institute of Engineering Technology (IET) and is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE) and the Professional Engineer Certification offered by the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE). Like the free certification offered by Sanfoundry these certification covers topics such as construction management, project management, and engineering ethics.
What type of job can I get with a Civil Engineering Fundamentals certification?
The basic civil engineering certification is a good choice for you if you want to work in the construction, repair, maintenance and operations industry. This certification will let you work on residential and commercial buildings as well as industrial facilities. Basic civil engineering certification is required for jobs such as bridge and tunnel inspectors, bridge and tunnel engineers, land surveyors, and hydrological engineers (for dams and waterways).
What topics are covered in the Basic Civil Engineering certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Basic Civil Engineering Certification Syllabus|
|Materials for Construction||Calcination and Slaking of Lime||Sieve Analysis|
|Basic Surveying||Equipments Used in Levelling||Contouring|
|Disaster Resistant Buildings and IS Codes||AutoCAD||Impact Assessment|
|Wastewater Management||Solid Waste Management||Sustainable Engineering|
|Port and Harbour Engineering||Airport Engineering||Urban Engineering|
|Manufacture of Timber||Market Forms and Uses of Steel||Properties and Uses of Aluminium|
|Biodiversity and Ecology||Weirs||EDM – Total Station|
Sanfoundry Basic Civil Engineering CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Basic Civil Engineering for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Basic Civil Engineering from Sanfoundry.
Basic Civil Engineering Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Basic Civil Engineering CertificateHow to prepare for Basic Civil Engineering Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Basic Civil Engineering MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Basic Civil Engineering Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Basic Civil Engineering Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Basic Civil Engineering Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Basic Civil Engineering? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Basic Civil Engineering certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Basic Civil Engineering exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Basic Civil Engineering in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Basic Civil Engineering certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Basic Civil Engineering course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Basic Civil Engineering online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Basic Civil Engineering.
7. Which online Basic Civil Engineering Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Basic Civil Engineering. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Basic Civil Engineering Certification Course.
8. Can I get Basic Civil Engineering certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Basic Civil Engineering certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Basic Civil Engineering certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Basic Civil Engineering Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Basic Civil Engineering MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Basic Civil Engineering Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Basic Civil Engineering certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Basic Civil Engineering?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Basic Civil Engineering certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.