In this article, we will explore what an Energy Engineering certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Energy Engineering by Sanfoundry for free.
What is an Energy Engineering certification?
An Energy Engineering certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Energy Engineering. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- construction and working of steam generators and their accessories.
- identification of renewable energy sources and their utilization levels.
- principles of energy conversion from alternate sources including wind, geothermal, ocean, biomass, nuclear, hydel, and tidal.
- understanding of energy scenario, energy sources, and their utilization.
- ability to express the basic definitions and units of energy and the role of energy in economic development.
- knowledge of the national and global energy scenario for conventional and nonconventional energy sources.
- knowledge of various renewable energy systems, performance, and issues related to grid connections.
- management of the energy requirements by understanding the pollution in the power plants along with its control.
- solution to the environmental issues regarding the energy sources and their utilization in energy.
- evolution of smart grids and risks to the smart grid and its protective measures.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Energy Engineering?
The free Energy Engineering certification offered by Sanfoundry is good for those who want to work in the field of energy engineering. This certification focus on power generation, transmission, distribution, and industrial process controls. Other cetifications in the field of energy engineering include the Energy Management System (EMS) certification.
What type of job can I get with an Energy Engineering certification?
Energy Engineering jobs are highly in demand, and the skills you’ll gain from earning an Energy Engineering certification will help you to land a job in the industry. There are many types of jobs you can get with an Energy Engineering certification. Some of the most common include Energy Auditor, Energy Engineer, Energy Manager, Energy Operator, Energy Supervisor, Energy Analyst.
What topics are covered in the Energy Engineering certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Energy Engineering Certification Syllabus
|Steam Power Plant
|Pulverised Fuel Burning
|Water as a Reactant
|Mechanical Dust Collectors
|Steam Generators & Accessories
|Cooling Ponds and Towers
|Diesel Engine Plant
|Intake and Exhaust Systems
|Hydro Electric Power Plant
|Nuclear Power Plant
|Nuclear Fission & Nuclear Fusion
|Flat Plate Collectors
|Velocity and Power from Wind
|Ocean Energy & Geothermal Energy
|Applications of Biogas & Gasifier
Sanfoundry Energy Engineering CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Energy Engineering for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Energy Engineering from Sanfoundry.
Energy Engineering Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Energy Engineering CertificateHow to prepare for Energy Engineering Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Energy Engineering MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Energy Engineering Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Energy Engineering Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Energy Engineering Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Energy Engineering? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Energy Engineering certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Energy Engineering exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Energy Engineering in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn an Energy Engineering certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Energy Engineering course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Energy Engineering online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Energy Engineering.
7. Which online Energy Engineering Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Energy Engineering. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Energy Engineering Certification Course.
8. Can I get Energy Engineering certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Energy Engineering certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Energy Engineering certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Energy Engineering Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Energy Engineering MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Energy Engineering Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Energy Engineering certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Energy Engineering?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Energy Engineering certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.