In this article, we will explore what an Organic Chemistry certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Organic Chemistry by Sanfoundry for free.
What is an Organic Chemistry certification?
An Organic Chemistry certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Organic Chemistry. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- the type of a chemical reaction and predicting the possible mechanism.
- types of isomers.
- aromatic compounds, their preparation, and properties.
- amines and amino compounds, their preparation and properties.
- preparation and properties of aliphatic compounds.
- organometallic compounds, their preparation methods, and properties.
- understanding of fundamentals of organic chemistry.
- stereochemistry, types of organic reactions, and their mechanism.
- reaction mechanism, preparation of organic compounds and their properties.
- type of components in which organic reactions take place.
- preparation of the essential organic compounds.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Organic Chemistry?
The free Organic Chemistry certification offered by Sanfoundry is a good way to start career in the field. This certification explains about the fundamental principles of organic chemistry and how they apply to real world problems. It also covers topics like Halogen Containing Organic Compounds, Tautomerism, Preparation of Nitro Compounds, Polymerisation & Biomolecules, Grignard Reagent.
What type of job can I get with an Organic Chemistry certification?
Organic Chemistry jobs are available in a variety of industries, including agriculture, food processing and manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, environmental remediation, and biotechnology. You can get a job as a chemist in most industries. You’ll be able to work at places like chemical plants and pharmaceutical companies, or even as a researcher at a university or research facility.
What topics are covered in the Organic Chemistry certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Organic Chemistry Certification Syllabus|
|Organic Compound Basics||Acids and Bases||Isomerism|
|Hydrocarbons||Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis||Classification of Organic Compounds|
|Organic Concepts||Photochemistry||Reagents in Organic Chemistry|
|Reaction Intermediates||Halogen Containing Organic Compounds||Grignard Reagent|
|Oxygen Containing Organic Compounds||Tautomerism||Trans – Esterification|
|Saponification||Nitrogen Containing Organic Compounds||Preparation of Nitro Compounds|
|Stereochemistry||Chilarity||Meso – Structures|
|Heterocyclic Compounds||Polymerisation & Biomolecules||Amino Acids, DNA and RNA|
Sanfoundry Organic Chemistry CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Organic Chemistry for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Organic Chemistry from Sanfoundry.
Organic Chemistry Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Organic Chemistry CertificateHow to prepare for Organic Chemistry Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Organic Chemistry MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Organic Chemistry Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Organic Chemistry Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Organic Chemistry Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Organic Chemistry? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Organic Chemistry certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Organic Chemistry exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Organic Chemistry in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn an Organic Chemistry certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Organic Chemistry course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Organic Chemistry online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Organic Chemistry.
7. Which online Organic Chemistry Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Organic Chemistry. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Organic Chemistry Certification Course.
8. Can I get Organic Chemistry certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Organic Chemistry certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Organic Chemistry certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Organic Chemistry Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Organic Chemistry MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Organic Chemistry Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Organic Chemistry certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Organic Chemistry?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Organic Chemistry certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.