In this article, we will explore what an Engineering Drawing certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Engineering Drawing by Sanfoundry for free.
What is an Engineering Drawing certification?
An Engineering Drawing certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Engineering Drawing. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- basic principles of projections in 2D drawings.
- basic principles of projections in converting 3D view to 2D drawing.
- ability to read and analyze a given drawing.
- visualization of an object from the given two views.
- usage of CAD tool to draw different views of a 3D object.
- usage of CAD tool to draw an object in 3D.
- understanding of concepts like the theory of projection.
- basic utility of computer aided drafting (CAD) tool in engineering drawing.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Engineering Drawing?
The free engineering drawing certification offered by Sanfoundry in the field of engineering drawing helps you find work in the field. This certification cover everything from basic drawing techniques to advanced topics like design principles and CAD software use.
What type of job can I get with an Engineering Drawing certification?
As a certified Engineering Drawing professional, you can find employment in a variety of industries. Engineering Drawing jobs include drafting, engineering, architecture, and more. You can find these positions in the design industry or in government agencies. With an engineering drawing certification, you can get a job as a technical illustrator or CAD engineer.
What topics are covered in the Engineering Drawing certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Engineering Drawing Certification Syllabus|
|Drawing Instruments, Sheet Layout||Free-Hand Sketching||Lines, Lettering and Dimensioning|
|Scales||Geometrical Construction||Curves used in Engineering Practice|
|Loci of Points||Orthographic Projections||BIS Code of Practice|
|Projection of Points||Projection of Lines||Projection of Planes|
|Projection of Solids||Section of Solids||Development & Intersection of Surfaces|
|Isometric Projection||Oblique & Perspective Projection||Centres of Gravity|
|Moments of Inertia||Orthographic Reading||Conversion of Views|
|Screw Threads & Screwed Fastening||Computer Aided Drawing||Riveted & Welded Joints|
Sanfoundry Engineering Drawing CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Engineering Drawing for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Engineering Drawing from Sanfoundry.
Engineering Drawing Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Engineering Drawing CertificateHow to prepare for Engineering Drawing Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Engineering Drawing MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Engineering Drawing Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Engineering Drawing Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Engineering Drawing Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Engineering Drawing? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Engineering Drawing certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Engineering Drawing exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Engineering Drawing in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn an Engineering Drawing certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Engineering Drawing course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Engineering Drawing online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Engineering Drawing.
7. Which online Engineering Drawing Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Engineering Drawing. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Engineering Drawing Certification Course.
8. Can I get Engineering Drawing certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Engineering Drawing certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Engineering Drawing certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Engineering Drawing Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Engineering Drawing MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Engineering Drawing Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Engineering Drawing certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Engineering Drawing?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Engineering Drawing certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.