In this article, we will explore what an Engineering Geology certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Engineering Geology by Sanfoundry for free.
What is an Engineering Geology certification?
An Engineering Geology certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Engineering Geology. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- application of geological knowledge in different civil engineering practices.
- durability of the foundation of rocks and usage of rocks as best building materials.
- solution of issues related to ground water exploration, build-up dams, bridges, and tunnels.
- application of GIS, GPS, and remote sensing as the latest tool in different construction.
- knowledge of earth’s interior and application of Geology.
- knowledge of dynamic geology and its importance in modifying the physical characteristics of rocks used in different civil engineering projects.
- understanding of the ground water management regarding diversified geological formations.
- familiarity with the concept of rain water harvesting.
- familiarity with the application of remote Sensing and GIS in natural disaster management and environmental issues.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Engineering Geology?
The free certification offered by Sanfoundry helps you to work in the field of Engineering Geology. This certificate covers everything from basic principles of engineering to how geology affects engineering projects. It also includes information about rock mechanics, structural geology, structural analysis, sedimentation rates and classification, groundwater hydrology and aquifer properties, soil properties and engineering properties of rocks.
What type of job can I get with an Engineering Geology certification?
Engineering Geology jobs can be found in a variety of industries, including Environmental protection and remediation, Oil and gas extraction, Hydrocarbon production, Petroleum refining and distribution and Construction. Some of the most common jobs for people include Oil and gas well engineer, Water treatment plant operator, Mining engineering technician and Dam construction engineer.
What topics are covered in the Engineering Geology certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Engineering Geology Certification Syllabus|
|Internal Structure of the Earth||Geological Work of Natural Resources||Structural Features of Rocks|
|Folds and Folding||Faults and Faulting||Effects of Faulting|
|Recognition of Faulting||Joints and Jointing||The Study of Minerals|
|Physical Properties||The Study of Rocks||Metamorphism and their Factors|
|Economic Mineral Deposits||Origin of Ore Deposits||Groundwater|
|Earthquakes||Quake Resistant Buildings||Mass Movements|
|Dams and Reservoirs||Geological Characters for Investigation||Tunnels|
|Engineering Properties of Rocks||Physiographic Features||Geological Work of Water|
Sanfoundry Engineering Geology CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Engineering Geology for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Engineering Geology from Sanfoundry.
Engineering Geology Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Engineering Geology CertificateHow to prepare for Engineering Geology Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Engineering Geology MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Engineering Geology Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Engineering Geology Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Engineering Geology Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Engineering Geology? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Engineering Geology certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Engineering Geology exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Engineering Geology in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn an Engineering Geology certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Engineering Geology course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Engineering Geology online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Engineering Geology.
7. Which online Engineering Geology Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Engineering Geology. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Engineering Geology Certification Course.
8. Can I get Engineering Geology certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Engineering Geology certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Engineering Geology certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Engineering Geology Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Engineering Geology MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Engineering Geology Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Engineering Geology certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Engineering Geology?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Engineering Geology certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.