In this article, we will explore what a Hadoop certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Hadoop by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Hadoop certification?
A Hadoop certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Hadoop. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- installation of Hadoop and configuration of HDFS.
- installation of Zookeeper, Pig, Sqoop, and Hbase.
- usage of Zookeeper, Sqoop, Hbase, JAQL, PIG & HIVE.
- usage of BigInsite, data streams, debugging, partitioning and other toolkits.
- awareness of the importance of big data for business decisions and approach.
- MapReduce, Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), YARN.
- awareness of Hadoop Ecosystem, commands, and management.
- familiarity with machine learning concept.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Hadoop?
The free certifications offered by Sanfoundry in the field of Hadoop is the best way to get started in Hadoop. Other certifications which is available are Certified Big Data Professional certification by Oracle and Red Hat, Certified Hadoop Administrator (CHA) by the Apache Software Foundation, and AWS Certified Big Data Certification.
What type of job can I get with a Hadoop certification?
There are many jobs that you can get with an Hadoop certification. You can find jobs in the IT industry, such as software developers, information security analysts, system administrators, big data analyst, big data engineer and big data architect.
What topics are covered in the Hadoop certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Hadoop Certification Syllabus|
|Basics of Hadoop||Mapreduce||HDFS-Hadoop Distributed File System|
|Java Interface||Hadoop I/O||Data Integrity|
|Serialization||Developing MapReduce Application||Working of MapReduce|
|MapReduce Types and Formats||Administering Hadoop||Pig|
|Hive and HBase||ZooKeeper, Sqoop and Cassandra||Incubator Projects|
|Chuckwa, Ambari, Knox||Hadoop Development Tools||Apache Spark|
|Flume, Lucene, Hama||HCatalog, Mahout, Drill||Crunch and Thrift|
|Oozie, Orchestration||Hadoop Libraries and Utilities||Miscellaneous Hadoop Applications|
Sanfoundry Hadoop CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Hadoop for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Hadoop from Sanfoundry.
Hadoop Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Hadoop CertificateHow to prepare for Hadoop Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Hadoop MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Hadoop Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Hadoop Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Hadoop Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Hadoop? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Hadoop certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Hadoop exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Hadoop in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Hadoop certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Hadoop course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Hadoop online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Hadoop.
7. Which online Hadoop Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Hadoop. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Hadoop Certification Course.
8. Can I get Hadoop certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Hadoop certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Hadoop certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Hadoop Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Hadoop MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Hadoop Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Hadoop certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Hadoop?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Hadoop certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.