In this article, we will explore what a Life Sciences certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Life Sciences by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Life Sciences certification?
A Life Sciences certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Life Sciences. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- the science of life.
- the adaptations of biota and their functions in nature.
- development of ideas, facts, and theories relevant to biodiversity.
- selection of new sources of renewable energy.
- analysis of the contemporary issues of nature and role of biospheres.
- constructiion of advanced biotechnologies for sustainable utilization and conservation.
- comparison of living beings and lives processes.
- demonstration of biota, biosphere, biodiversity, and biological evolution.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Life Sciences?
There are many different certifications available in the life sciences field, and some of them will be better suited for your career goals like the free certification offered by Sanfoundry. This certification focuses on Major Histocompatibility Complex, Sex Determination, Nucleic Acids, Quantitative Inheritance, Human Physiology, Bioenergetics and Metabolism.
What type of job can I get with a Life Sciences certification?
Life Sciences jobs are available in a wide range of fields and industries. There are many different types of jobs like biotech researcher, biomedical engineer, clinical laboratory scientist, medical technologist, medical transcriptionist, physician assistant (PA), medical laboratory technician (MLT), pharmacology technician (PT), or medical materiel technician (MT).
What topics are covered in the Life Sciences certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Life Sciences Certification Syllabus|
|Biomolecules and Catalysis||Protein Folding||Nucleic Acids|
|Bioenergetics and Metabolism||Respiration||Cell Structure and Functions|
|Cancer||Prokaryotes and Viruses||Classification System|
|Immunology||Major Histocompatibility Complex||Diversity of Life|
|Animal’s Classification||Genetics||Sex Determination|
|Quantitative Inheritance||Molecular Genetics||Protein Synthesis|
|Mutation||Recombinant DNA Technology||Vectors|
|Plant Physiology||Human Physiology||Ecology|
Sanfoundry Life Sciences CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Life Sciences for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Life Sciences from Sanfoundry.
Life Sciences Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Life Sciences CertificateHow to prepare for Life Sciences Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Life Sciences MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Life Sciences Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Life Sciences Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Life Sciences Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Life Sciences? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Life Sciences certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Life Sciences exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Life Sciences in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Life Sciences certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Life Sciences course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Life Sciences online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Life Sciences.
7. Which online Life Sciences Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Life Sciences. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Life Sciences Certification Course.
8. Can I get Life Sciences certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Life Sciences certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Life Sciences certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Life Sciences Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Life Sciences MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Life Sciences Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Life Sciences certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Life Sciences?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Life Sciences certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.