In this article, we will explore what a Digital Circuits certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Digital Electronics by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Digital Circuits certification?
A Digital Circuits certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Digital Circuits. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- design of combinational and sequential circuits.
- simulation using a software package.
- design and analysis of mealy and moore models, synchronous sequential circuits, state diagrams, etc.
- design of various synchronous and asynchronous circuits.
- asynchronous sequential circuits and PLDs.
- digital simulation for development of application oriented logic circuits.
- understanding of various number systems.
- simplification of the logical expressions using boolean functions.
- defining and describing realization of digital circuits using CMOS technology.
- knowledge of construction and working of MOSFETs.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Digital Circuits?
The certification that helps to get work in the field of Digital Circuits is the free certification offered by Sanfoundry. The Sanfoundry Certification the curriculum covers a range of topics, including digital logic, VLSI design, embedded systems, computer architecture and verification techniques.
What type of job can I get with a Digital Electronics certification?
With a Digital Circuits certification, you can work in technology industry. With this knowledge, you can pursue roles such as hardware design engineer, embedded systems engineer, software engineer, electrical engineer, and system analyst. Moreover, you will also be able to troubleshoot any issues that may arise with the circuits.
What topics are covered in the Digital Circuits certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Digital Circuits Certification Syllabus|
|Number System and Codes||Boolean Algebra||Minimization Techniques|
|Logic Gates||Digital Integrated Circuits||Logic Families|
|Characteristics of CMOS||BiCMOS Logic Circuits||Compatibility or Interfacing|
|Arithmetic Circuits||Fast Adder & Serial Adder||K-Map Simplification|
|Controlled Inverter||Combinational Circuits||Parity Generators/Checkers|
|Registers||Shift Register Counters||Memory Devices|
|Programmable Logic Array||Programmable Array Logic||Multivibrators|
Sanfoundry Digital Circuits CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Digital Circuits for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Digital Circuits from Sanfoundry.
Digital Circuits Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Digital Circuits CertificateHow to prepare for Digital Circuits Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Digital Circuits MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Digital Circuits Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Digital Circuits Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Digital Circuits Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Digital Circuits? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Digital Circuits certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Digital Circuits exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Digital Circuits in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Digital Circuits certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Digital Circuits course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Digital Circuits online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Digital Circuits.
7. Which online Digital Circuits Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Digital Circuits. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Digital Circuits Certification Course.
8. Can I get Digital Electronics / Circuits certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Digital Circuits certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Digital Circuits certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Digital Circuits Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Digital Circuits MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Digital Circuits Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Digital Circuits certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Digital Circuits?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Digital Electronics / Circuits certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.