In this article, we will explore what a MATLAB certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in MATLAB by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a MATLAB certification?
A MATLAB certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in MATLAB. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- usage of MATLAB in mathematics, science, and engineering.
- usage of MATLAB in their work and tackle other programming languages.
- usage of MATLAB in procedural statements-assignments, conditional statements, loops, function calls, and arrays.
- design, coding, and testing of small MATLAB programs that meet requirements expressed in English.
- knowledge of computer methods for solving a wide range of engineering problems.
- knowledge of computer engineering software to solve and present problem solutions in a technical format.
Which certification is best to work in the field of MATLAB?
The best certification to work in the field of MATLAB is the free MATLAB certification offered by Sanfoundry. Other certification include MATLAB Certified Professional (MCP), Certified Professional Programmer (using MATLAB for programming certification), and Certified Engineering Professional (CEP) certification (using MATLAB for engineering applications like design or simulation).
What type of job can I get with a MATLAB certification?
MATLAB is a programming language for technical computing. It is often used in the fields of engineering, science and mathematics. With a MATLAB certification, you can get a job in software development, data analysis, create interactive graphics, perform numerical analysis, and interpreting data.
What topics are covered in the MATLAB certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|MATLAB Certification Syllabus|
|MATLAB Basics||Statistics||Plotting Multiple Curves|
|Interacting with MATLAB||Fine Tuning||Beyond the Basics|
|Sparse Matrices||Complex Arithmetic||Linear Systems|
|Fourier Analysis and Filtering||Random Number Generation||MATLAB Graphics|
|MATLAB Programming||Debugging||SIMULINK and GUIs|
|Advanced Software Development||Calling External Functions||Troubleshooting|
|Wrong or Unexpected Output||Control System Applications||Laplace Transform|
|Digital Signal Processing||Z Transform||Operations on Signals|
Sanfoundry MATLAB CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in MATLAB for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in MATLAB from Sanfoundry.
MATLAB Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free MATLAB CertificateHow to prepare for MATLAB Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 MATLAB MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this MATLAB Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this MATLAB Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
MATLAB Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in MATLAB? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do MATLAB certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the MATLAB exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced MATLAB in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a MATLAB certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my MATLAB course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in MATLAB online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in MATLAB.
7. Which online MATLAB Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on MATLAB. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free MATLAB Certification Course.
8. Can I get MATLAB certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is MATLAB certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the MATLAB certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the MATLAB Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry MATLAB MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best MATLAB Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for MATLAB certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in MATLAB?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the MATLAB certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.