Our 1000+ Machine Design questions and answers focuses on all areas of Machine Design covering 100+ topics. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Machine Design. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Machine Design comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Machine Design interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Machine Design with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Machine Design Subject
Who should Practice these Machine Design Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Machine Design Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Machine Design
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Machine Design Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Engineering Materials
The section contains questions and answers on Engineering Material Properties, Stress and Strain diagrams, carbon steels, steel case hardening, steel and aluminium alloys, ceramics, plastics and die casting alloys.
Stress Strain Diagrams & Mechanical Properties
Plain Carbon Steels
Heat Treatment & Case Hardening of Steels
Cast Steel & Aluminium Alloys
Copper Alloys & Die Casting Alloys
Ceramics & Plastics
2. Questions on Manufacturing Considerations in Design
The section contains questions on design considerations and hot and cold working of metals.
|Design Cosiderations||Fits & Hot and Cold Working of Metals|
3. Questions & Answers on Design Against Static Load
The section contains questions and answers on failure modes and stresses, cotter and knuckle joints, principal and thermal stresses, levers and fracture mechanics.
Modes of Failure & Stresses
Principal Stresses & Theories of Elastic Failure
Fracture Mechanics & Thermal Stresses
4. Questions on Design Against Fluctuating Load
The section contains questions on stress concentration, fluctuating stresses, fatigue failures and its factors.
|Stress Concentration and its Factors||Fluctuating Stresses & Fatigue Failure|
5. Questions & Answers on Power Screws
The section contains questions and answers on concepts of power screws, self locking screws and screw efficiency.
|Power Screws & Self Locking Screws||Efficiency of Screws|
6. Questions on Threaded Joints
The section contains questions on power screws, screw jack, threaded joints, uniform bolt strength, and loads based on the principle of eccentricity.
Threaded Joints:Basics & Cap Screws
Power Screws Numericals
Bolts of Uniform Strength & Locking Devices
Eccentric Loaded Bolted Joints
Eccentric Loaded Perpendicular to axis of Bolt
Eccentric Load on Circular Base
7. Questions & Answers on Welded and Riveted Joints
The section contains questions and answers on various concepts which include welded joints, butt joints, fillet joints, riveted joints, various joints terminology and lap joints based on eccentricity principle.
8. Questions on Shafts, Keys and Couplings
The section contains questions on transmission shafts, shaft design and keys, couplings and pin flexible coupling.
Clamp Coupling & Rigid Flage Coupling
9. Questions & Answers on Springs
The section contains questions and answers on spring design, helical springs, spiral springs, concentric springs and multi leaf springs.
Design of Helical Springs
Concentric & Spiral Springs
Multi Leaf Spring
10. Questions on Friction Clutches, Brakes, Belt Drives and Chain Drives
This section contains questions on friction clutches, cone clutches, centrifugal clutches, brakes, block brakes, expanding brakes, belt drives and constructions, chain drives and its design.
Cone & Centrifugal Clutches
Internal Expanding Brake
Band Brakes & Disk Brakes
Belt Construction II & V Belts
Belt Tensioning Methods
Design of Chain Drive
11. Questions & Answers on Rolling Contact Bearings, Spur Gears and Helical Gears
This section contains questions and answers on bearings and its types, load carrying capacities, sliding contact bearings, viscosity, spur gears and its terminology, gear trains and helical gears.
12. Questions on Bevel Gears, Worm Gears and FlyWheel
This section contains questions on bevel gears and its terminology, bevel gear strength, worm gears and flywheel coefficient.
Terminology of Bevel Gears
Strength of Bevel Gears
Coefficient of Flywheel
13. Questions & Answers on Cylinders and Pressure Vessels and Design of IC Engine Components
This section contains questions and answers on compound cylinder, pressure vessels, gaskets and IC engine component design.
Cylinder & Pressure Vessels
Compound Cylinder & Gaskets
|Design of IC Engine Compoents|
14. Questions on Miscellaneous Machine Elements
This section contains questions on miscellaneous machine elements like pressure vessels, oil seals, wire ropes and its stresses and column bucking.
Unfired Pressure Vessels,Oil Seals & Wire Ropes
Stresses in Wire Ropes
|Buckling of Columns|
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Machine Design!