In this article, we will explore what an Electrical Machines certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Electrical Machines by Sanfoundry for free.
What is an Electrical Machines certification?
An Electrical Machines certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Electrical Machines. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- solutions of problems associated with DC and AC Machines.
- testing and control of different machines based on the familiarity of basic concepts and working principles.
- choice of appropriate machines for a given application while carrying out projects.
- choice of appropriate machines for specific application useful for the society is required.
- familiarity with the latest developments related to machines.
- knowledge of stepper motor.
- formulation and analysis of the basic construction, working principle, and characteristics of various electrical machines.
- design and installation of electrical machines and drives in an industrial environment.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Electrical Machines?
There are many different kinds of electrical machines certification like the free certification offered by Sanfoundry. This Electrical Machines certification focuses on topics like DC Generators, Rotor Frequency, Synchronous Motors, DC Machines, and Electrical Machine Applications. NEMA 500, NEMA 517, and NEMA 690 offers certifications for individuals who want to work in the field of electrical machines.
What type of jobs can I get with an Electrical Machines certification?
Electrical Machines jobs are available in a variety of industries, including Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction. The following are examples of career paths that Electrical Machines professionals can take Electrician/Electrical Technician, Designer/Engineer, systems engineer.
What topics are covered in the Electrical Machines certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Electrical Machines Certification Syllabus|
|Magnetic Circuits||Basic Concepts in Rotating Machines||Reluctance Motor|
|Rotating Electrical Machines||Electro mechanical Energy Conversions||Rating and Loss Dissipation|
|Electrical Machine Applications||Armature Reaction and Commutation||Electromechanical Energy Conversions|
|DC Machines||DC Generators||DC Motors|
|Synchronous Machines||Synchronous Generators||Synchronous Motors|
|Efficiency and Regulation||Synchronous Machine Stability||Measurement of Xd and Xq|
|Induction Machines||Rotor Frequency||Starting of Induction Motors|
|Armature Windings||Transformers||Open Circuit and Short Circuit Test|
An Electrical Machines certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual's proficiency in Electrical Machines.
What are the benefits of obtaining an Electrical Machines certification?
Benefits of getting an Electrical Machines certification include demonstrating expertise in the subject and increasing competitiveness in the job market. It can also open up new opportunities for career advancement.
Sanfoundry Electrical Machines CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Electrical Machines for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Electrical Machines from Sanfoundry.
Electrical Machines Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Electrical Machines CertificateHow to prepare for Electrical Machines Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Electrical Machines MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Electrical Machines Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Electrical Machines Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Electrical Machines Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Electrical Machines? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Electrical Machines certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Electrical Machines exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Electrical Machines in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn an Electrical Machines certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Electrical Machines course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Electrical Machines online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Electrical Machines.
7. Which online Electrical Machines Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Electrical Machines. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Electrical Machines Certification Course.
8. Can I get Electrical Machines certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Electrical Machines certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Electrical Machines certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Electrical Machines Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Electrical Machines MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Electrical Machines Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Electrical Machines certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Electrical Machines?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Electrical Machines certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.