In this article, we will explore what a Data Structure certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Data Structure by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Data Structure certification?
A Data Structure certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Data Structure. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- implemention of abstract data types (ADTs) for linear data structures.
- applying different linear and non-linear data structures to solve problems.
- understanding various linear data structures – lists, stacks, and queues.
- knowledge of sorting, searching, and hashing algorithms.
- application of Tree and Graph structures.
- usage of different types of data structures, operations, and algorithms.
- searching and sorting operations on files.
- usage of the stack, Queue, Lists, Trees, and Graphs in problem solving.
- implemention of all data structures in a high-level language for problem solving.
- choose and apply a suitable data structure during application development/Problem Solving.
- familiarity with the computational efficiency of various algorithms.
- implementation of trees and graphs and performing various operations on these data structures.
- understanding the concept of recursion, application of recursion, and its implementation and removal of recursion.
- design an alternative implementation of a data structure with respect to its performance to solve a real world problem.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Data Structure?
The free Data Structure certification offered by Sanfoundry is beneficial for those looking to work in the field of data structure. This certification focuses on Dynamic Programming, Graph Coloring, Co-ordinate Compression, Minimum Spanning Tree, Computational Geometry, Checksum, Complexity Classes & NP Complete Problems.
What type of job can I get with a Data Structure certification?
Data Structure jobs are available in a variety of fields, including Information Technology, Software Development, Web Development environment. This certification will prepare you for a wide range of jobs, including working as a Data Structure Designer, Data Structure Developer, Data Structure Tester, Software Engineer, Data analyst, or as a Manager.
What topics are covered in the Data Structure certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Data Structure Certification Syllabus – I|
|Abstract Data Types||Application of Stacks||Arrays Types|
|Types of Lists||Binary Trees||B-Trees|
|Hash Tables||Graph||Adjacency Matrix|
|Data Structure Certification Syllabus – II|
|Number Theory||Computational Geometry||Graph Search|
|Minimum Spanning Tree||Shortest Path||Flow Networks|
|Matching||Minimum Cut||Graph Coloring|
|Bipartite Graphs||Recursion||Greedy Algorithms|
|Checksum, Complexity Classes & NP Complete Problems||Page Replacement Algorithms||Co-ordinate Compression|
Sanfoundry Data Structure CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Data Structure for free. As this subject is generally studied in 2 semesters, we have 2 different certification exams for it, namely, Data Structure - I and Data Structure - II. You can choose to give one of the exams or both of them.
The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Data Structure from Sanfoundry.
Data Structure Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Data Structure CertificateHow to prepare for Data Structure Certification Exam?
We offer 2 different certifications: Data Structure - I and Data Structure - II. So, you can choose to give one of the exams or both of them. Before you start taking the exam, you should practice the following mcq, pactice & mock test series:
- 1000 Data Structure - I MCQs
- 1000 Data Structure - II MCQs
- Data Structure - I Practice & Mock Tests
- Data Structure - II Practice & Mock Tests
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take the qualifier test: Data Structure - I Qualifier Test
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take the certification test anytime (24x7): Data Structure - I Certification Test
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live: Data Structure - I Top Rankers
Data Structure - II Qualifier Test
Data Structure - II Certification Test
Data Structure - II Top Rankers
Data Structure Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Data Structure? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Data Structure certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Data Structure exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Data Structure in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Data Structure certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Data Structure course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Data Structure online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Data Structure.
7. Which online Data Structure Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Data Structure. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Data Structure Certification Course.
8. Can I get Data Structure certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Data Structure certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Data Structure certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Data Structure Certification exam?
Depending on which certification exam you are preparing, you should practice either Sanfoundry's Data Structure - I MCQs or Data Structure - II MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Data Structure Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Data Structure certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Data Structure?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Data Structure certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.