In this article, we will explore what a Highway Engineering certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Highway Engineering by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Highway Engineering certification?
A Highway Engineering certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Highway Engineering. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- different modes of transportation systems, history, development of highways, and the organizations associated with research and development of the same in INDIA.
- Highway planning and development considering the essential criteria (engineering and financial aspects, regulations, and policies, socio economic impact).
- design of geometric elements of a highway network.
- pavement and its components, pavement construction activities and its requirements.
- evaluation of the highway economics by B/C, NPV, IRR methods and its finance.
- analysis of alignments, conduction of necessary field investigation for generation of required data.
- engineering properties of the materials and their suitability for pavement construction.
- design of road geometrics, structural components of pavement, and drainage.
- planning and aligning of the highway.
- geometric design of highways.
- design of flexible and rigid pavements.
- highway construction materials, properties, and testing methods.
- pavement management system, evaluation of distress and maintenance of pavements.
- highway engineering with respect to, planning, design, constructing and maintenance of highways as per IRC standards, specifications and methods.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Highway Engineering?
The best certification to work in the field of Highway Engineering is the free certification offered by Sanfoundry. Other certifications include Certified Highway Professional (CHP), Highway Traffic Safety Professional Certificate, the SAE Highway Engineering (SAE-H) and the SAE Truck & Off-Highway Engineering.
What type of job can I get with a Highway Engineering certification?
The best type of job you can get with an Highway Engineering certification is the one that involves working with transportation infrastructure. You can also work as an engineer for the federal government or state transportation departments, traffic signals, and road construction.
What topics are covered in the Highway Engineering certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Highway Engineering Certification Syllabus
|Highway Engineering Basics
|Highway Development and Planning
|Planning Surveys and Interpretation
|Geometric Design of Highways
|Design of Vertical Alignment
|Properties of Highway Materials
|Bituminuous Paving Mixes
|Portland Cement and Cement Concrete
|Design of Highway Pavements
|Embankment and Subgrade
|Soil Stabilized Roads
|Road Side Development
|Highway Economics and Finance
Sanfoundry Highway Engineering CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Highway Engineering for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Highway Engineering from Sanfoundry.
Highway Engineering Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Highway Engineering CertificateHow to prepare for Highway Engineering Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Highway Engineering MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Highway Engineering Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Highway Engineering Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Highway Engineering Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Highway Engineering? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Highway Engineering certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Highway Engineering exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Highway Engineering in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Highway Engineering certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Highway Engineering course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Highway Engineering online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Highway Engineering.
7. Which online Highway Engineering Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Highway Engineering. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Highway Engineering Certification Course.
8. Can I get Highway Engineering certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Highway Engineering certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Highway Engineering certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Highway Engineering Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Highway Engineering MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Highway Engineering Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Highway Engineering certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Highway Engineering?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Highway Engineering certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.