In this article, we will explore what an IoT certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in IoT by Sanfoundry for free.
What is an IOT certification?
An IoT certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in IoT. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- design of portable IoT using Arduino/Raspberry Pi/open platform.
- analysis of the applications of IoT in real time scenario.
- interfacing of I/O devices to the processor.
- evolution of Internet of Things(IoT).
- security analysis in IoT devices and the solutions thereof.
- sensor technologies for sensing real world entities and identifying the applications of IoT in industry.
- the impact and challenges posed by IoT networks leading to new architectural models.
- comparison of the deployment of smart objects and the technologies to connect them to the network.
- the role of IoT protocols for efficient network communication.
Which certification is best to work in the field of IoT?
If you are looking to work in the field of IOT, there are a number of certifications like the free certification offered by Sanfoundry. Other certification for IOT is Certified IoT Practitioner, certifications offered by Cisco, IOT Certification by AWS, Microsoft’s Azure IoT Developer Specialty, and Certified Internet of Things Architect (CIoTA).
What type of job can I get with an IoT certification?
There are several different types of jobs available to you with an Internet of Things certification. You can work in a variety of industries, including manufacturing and research and development, or in corporate IT departments. You can also work as IoT developer, IoT Embedded System Designer, IoT Infrastructure Architect, IoT Solutions Engineer, IoT System Administrator.
What topics are covered in the IoT certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|IoT Certification Syllabus|
|IoT Ecosystem Concepts and Architecture||IoT Architecture||Understanding and Setting up the Base IoT Hardware|
|Prototyping Embedded Devices||Software Programming||IoT Devices|
|Kiel IDE||Sensors||Analog to Digital Converter|
|Internet Principles||Networking||Analyzing Huge Amount of Data with Cloud – based IoT Analytics|
|IoT Security||Understanding & Setting up the Base IoT Hardware||Fog Computing|
|Working with the Cloud||Publishing Messages with Commands||Cloud Collaboration Framework|
|Communicating with IoT Devices||Open Source Semantic Web Infrastructure for Managing IoT Resources in the Cloud||Going Parallel, Handling Actuator and Sensor|
|Designing for IoT||Emerging Technology and Toy Designs||IoT Robustness and Reliability|
Sanfoundry IOT CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in IOT for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in IOT from Sanfoundry.
IOT Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free IOT CertificateHow to prepare for IOT Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 IOT MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this IOT Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this IOT Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
IOT Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in IOT? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do IOT certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the IOT exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced IoT in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn an IOT certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my IOT course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in IOT online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in IOT.
7. Which online IOT Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on IOT. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free IOT Certification Course.
8. Can I get Internet of Things certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is IOT certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the IOT certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the IOT Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry IOT MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best IOT Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for IOT certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in IOT?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Internet of Things certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.