In this article, we will explore what an R certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in R Programming by Sanfoundry for free.
What is an R certification?
An R certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in R Programming. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- R programming constructs and debugging tools.
- data visualization priciples.
- Linear algebra for data science and analysis of algebraic and geometric views.
- Analysis of linear and multiple linear regression, and linear model selection.
- Troubleshooting aspects of R.
- Usage of R from within the R Studio IDE.
- Syntax of R and library loading in R.
- customize the visualizations using ggplot2.
Which R certification is best for R developers?
R certification is growing in popularity among R developers as it gives potential employers the assurance that the developer is knowledgeable about and skilled with the language. For R developers, there are numerous certifications available like Sanfoundry Certification, each of which focuses on a distinct component of the language like Data Science and Machine Learning with R Certification, Programming for Data Science with R Certification, Statistics with R Certification, etc.
What type of job can I get with an R programming certification?
A certified R programmer becomes qualified for a number of jobs such as a data analyst, data scientist, software developer, and more. For people looking to enhance their careers in data science, certifications in R programming are useful. It gives you a chance to show prospective employers your skill set and expertise in the industry.
What topics are covered in the R Programming certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|R Programming Certification Syllabus|
|History, Overview and Getting Started||Nuts and Bolts||Getting Data In and Out|
|R – Data Storage, Formats||Objects and Operations||Control Structures|
|Functions||Scoping Rules||Loop Functions|
|Visualizing Data||Linear Regression||Distributions|
|Graphics||Neural Networks||Predictive Analytics|
|Data Wrangling||Introduction to dplyr||Console Input and Evaluation|
Sanfoundry R CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in R Programming for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in R from Sanfoundry.
R Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free R CertificateHow to prepare for R Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 R MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this R Programming Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this R Programming Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
R Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work as a Developer in R? Will it get me a job?
No, a certification is not essential to work as a Developer. However, it shows your proven expertise in the language and that is an added benefit in the job market.
2. Can I do R certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the R exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced R Programming in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a R certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my R Programming course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in R online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in R Programming.
7. Which online R Programming Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on R Programming. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free R Programming Certification Course.
8. Can I get R programming language certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is R certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the R certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the R Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry R MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best R Programming Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for R certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in R Programming?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the R programming language certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.