Java is one of the most popular programming languages in the world, and there has been a growing demand for Java certification for developers to prove their skills and expertise in this powerful language. In this article, we will explore what a Java certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Java by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Java certification?
A Java certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Java Programming. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- Java Virtual Machine architecture and Java Programming Fundamentals.
- design of applications involving Object Oriented Programming concepts such as inheritance, association, aggregation, composition, polymorphism, abstract classes, and interfaces.
- design and development of multi-threaded Java Applications.
- building software using concepts such as files, collection frameworks, and containers.
- Design and implementation of Java Applications for real world problems involving Database.
- design of Graphical User Interface using JavaFX or otherwise.
- design, development, and deployment of dynamic web applications using Servlets and Java Server Pages.
- core language features of Java and its Application Programming Interfaces (API).
- usage of threads, exceptions, files, and collection frameworks in Java.
- GUI based application development and database connectivity.
Which Java certification is best for Java developers?
There is no single best Java certification. Every company has its own certification program based on its requirements. Sanfoundry provides Free certification for Java Developers whereas Oracle has paid certification tests like Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE Developer, and Oracle Certified Associate.
What type of job can I get with a Java certification?
Java certification is a great way to boost your resume and qualify for software development jobs like Java programmer, Java developer, web developer, Java architect, software engineer, tester, or application developer. With a certification, you can show that you have the skills to work with different technologies, including Java EE, servlets, JSPs, and more. You’ll also be able to work in different software domains, such as web development, mobile app development, game development, etc.
What topics are covered in the Java certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Java Certification Syllabus|
|Data Types and Variables||Arrays||Operators & Control Statement|
|Java Environment||OOPS Concepts||Classes and Methods|
|Inheritance||String Handling||Exploring java.lang & java.io|
|Serialization & Networking||Collections Framework||Exception Handling in Java|
|Multithreading||I/O & Applets||Regular Expressions|
|Event Handling in Java||java.util – Utility Classes||Java Interfaces & Packages|
|Java Autoboxing||Generics in Java||Java Beans & JDBC|
|Java Server Technologies & Servlet||Session Management, JSP & API||Application Lifecycle & Annotations|
Sanfoundry Java CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Java Programming for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Java from Sanfoundry.
Java Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Java CertificateHow to prepare for Java Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Java MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Java Programming Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Java Programming Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Java Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work as a Developer in Java? Will it get me a job?
No, a certification is not essential to work as a Developer. However, it shows your proven expertise in the language and that is an added benefit in the job market.
2. Can I do Java certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Java exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Java Programming in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Java certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Java Programming course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Java online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Java Programming.
7. Which online Java Programming Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Java Programming. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Java Programming Certification Course.
8. Can I get Java programming language certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Java certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Java certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Java Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Java MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Java Programming Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Java certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Java Programming?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Java programming language certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.