In this article, we will explore what a Food Engineering certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Food Engineering, Science and Technology by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Food Engineering certification?
A Food Engineering certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Food Engineering, Science, and Technology. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- quality attributes and chemistry of foods.
- food processing and various unit operations.
- application of the principles of packaging, storage and preservation, food poisoning, food-related hazards, and safety.
- causes of food deterioration and food poisoning.
- food processing, preservation, and packaging method.
- product quality and effect of processing technique on it.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Food Engineering, Science and Technology?
The importance of certifications in food engineering, science, and technology is growing within the food industry. Through the Sanfoundry certification test, one can obtain both fundamental and advanced certificates in the fields of food engineering, science, and technology, including certifications covering food safety, nutrition, product development, package design, etc.
What type of job can I get with a Food Engineering certification?
With a certification in food engineering, you can pursue a variety of employment opportunities, from directing production lines to working in research and development labs. The opportunities also include working with technologies for food processing, packaging, and storage. You will be able to operate in a range of environments with this certification, including restaurants, grocers, food processing facilities, and more.
What topics are covered in the Food Engineering certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Food Engineering Certification Syllabus|
|Characteristics & Composition of Food||Water, Carbohydrates & Dietary Fibre||Fats, Trans-fats, Proteins, Amino acids, Vitamins, Minerals|
|Effect of Food Processing on Nutrition||Food Safety||Food Contamination and Hazards|
|Food Adulteration, Additives||Food Packaging and Labeling||Regulations and Labelling Requirement|
|Food Processing||Fruits, Vegetables & Milk Processing||Meat & Oil Processing|
|Grain Milling, Tea & Coffee Processing||Spices and Condiments||Food Processing Techniques|
|Fluid Mechanics & Rheology of Foods||Heat Transfer by Conduction, Convection & Radiation||Heat Transfer Equipment|
|Microwave Heating, Evaporation||Diffusion, Mass Transfer & Dehydration||Equilibrium Stage Operations|
|Unit Operations – Extraction||Crystallization and Filtration||Sedimentation and Centrifuge|
|Mixing, Size Reduction and separation||Material Handling and Transportation||Food Preservation|
|Principles of Refrigerated Gas Storage of Foods||Principles of Food Freezing||Principles of Food Preservation by Canning and Drying|
|Principles of Food Concentrates||Principles of Semi-Moist Foods||Principles of Food Preservation by Fermentation|
|Principles of Food Pickling and Curing||Principles of Food Storage Stability||Principles of Chemical Preservation of Food|
|Principles of Food Irradiation||Food Quality factors||Principles of Fresh Food Storage|
Sanfoundry Food Science CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Food Engineering for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Food Science from Sanfoundry.
Food Science Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Food Science CertificateHow to prepare for Food Science Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Food Science MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Food Engineering Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Food Engineering Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Food Science Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Food Science? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Food Science certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Food Science exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Food Engineering in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Food Science certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Food Engineering course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Food Science online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Food Engineering.
7. Which online Food Engineering Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Food Engineering. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Food Engineering Certification Course.
8. Can I get Food Technology certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Food Science certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Food Science certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Food Science Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Food Science MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Food Engineering Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Food Science certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Food Engineering?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Food Technology certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.