In this article, we will explore what a Cloud Computing certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Cloud Computing by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Cloud Computing certification?
A Cloud Computing certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Cloud Computing. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- main concepts, key technologies, strengths and limitations of cloud computing.
- Distributed computing, distributed resource management.
- usage of the architecture of compute and storage cloud, service, and delivery models.
- core issues of cloud computing such as resource management and security.
- choosing the appropriate technologies, algorithms, and approaches for implementation and use of the cloud.
- establishing one’s own cloud environment using Openstack and working on it.
- knowledge of key and enabling technologies that help in the development of cloud.
- installation and usage of current cloud technologies.
- evaluation of appropriate technologies, algorithms, and approaches for implementation and use of cloud.
- understanding cloud computing, virtualization, and classify services of cloud computing.
- platforms for the development of cloud applications and listing of applications used in the cloud.
- advantages and disadvantages of various cloud platforms used in industry.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Cloud Computing?
There are many different types of certifications available for those who want to work in the field of cloud computing. Sanfoundry offers free certification whereas there are many paid certifications like Certified Cloud Practitioner (CCP) certification, the Certified Cloud Professional (CCP) certification, and the Certified Cloud Architect (CCA) certification, and Professional Cloud Architect Certification.
What type of job can I get with a Cloud Computing certification?
With the right certification, you can pursue a variety of jobs in the field of Cloud Computing like system architects and engineers, software developers and project managers. You can also specialize in a particular area such as cloud developer, cloud administrator, cloud architect, cloud security specialist, or data analytics. With the right qualifications, you could also work as a Cloud Computing consultant or as a Cloud Computing specialist.
What topics are covered in the Cloud Computing certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Clinical Science Certification Syllabus|
|Cloud Computing Basics||Value Proposition of Cloud||Cloud Architecture, Services, and Applications Basics|
|Abstraction and Virtualization Layer||Capacity Planning||PaaS – Platform as a Service|
|Google Web Services||AWS – Amazon Web Services||Microsoft Cloud Services|
|Cloud Management and Security||Service Oriented Architecture||Moving Applications to the Cloud|
|Cloud-Based Storage||Productivity Software||Webmail Services|
|Cloud Communication, Media and Streaming||Mobile Cloud||Mobile Web Services|
|Windows Azure Platform||Windows Azure AppFabric||Securing Data|
|Online Office Systems||VoIP Applications||Synchronization|
Sanfoundry Cloud Computing CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Cloud Computing for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Cloud Computing from Sanfoundry.
Cloud Computing Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Cloud Computing CertificateHow to prepare for Cloud Computing Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Cloud Computing MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Cloud Computing Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Cloud Computing Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Cloud Computing Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Cloud Computing? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Cloud Computing certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Cloud Computing exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Cloud Computing in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Cloud Computing certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Cloud Computing course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Cloud Computing online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Cloud Computing.
7. Which online Cloud Computing Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Cloud Computing. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Cloud Computing Certification Course.
8. Can I get Cloud Computing certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Cloud Computing certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Cloud Computing certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Cloud Computing Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Cloud Computing MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Cloud Computing Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Cloud Computing certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Cloud Computing?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Cloud Computing certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.