In this article, we will explore what an Electrical Machine Design certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Electrical Machine Design by Sanfoundry for free.
What is an Electrical Machine Design certification?
An Electrical Machine Design certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Electrical Machine Design. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- basics of design considerations for rotating and static electrical machines.
- design of field system for its application.
- design of single and three phase transformer.
- design of an armature and field of DC machines.
- design of stator and rotor of induction motor.
- design and analysis of synchronous machines.
- knowledge of MMF calculation and thermal rating of various types of electrical machines.
- design of DC machines.
- design of AC machines.
- knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) of Rotating Electrical machines.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Electrical Machine Design?
The free Electrical Machines Design certification offered by Sanfoundry is the best option for working in this field. This certification covers all the fundamentals of electrical machines design, including CAD/CAM, Design of Single Phase Induction Motor, Design of Rotor, Design of Field Regulators, Design of Synchronous Machines.
What type of job can I get with an Electrical Machine Design certification?
Electrical machine design is the process of designing electrical machines and their components. You could work in the automotive industry designing electric motors, generators, and other components designed to run on electricity. You can also work in different industries like Industry Description, Oil and gas extraction, Power generation, Military weapons systems, Electrical machinery and equipment manufacturing.
What topics are covered in the Electrical Machine Design certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Electrical Machine Design Certification Syllabus|
|Electrical Engineering Materials||Thermal Design Aspects of Electrical Machines||Thermal Design Aspects of D.C. Machines|
|Design of Transformers||Three Phase Induction Motor||Design of Synchronous Machines|
|Losses and Temperature Rise||Design of Permanent Magnet (PM) DC Motors||Design of Electromagnets|
|Design of Current Transformers (CT)||Turns Compensation||Aspects of Design of Mechanical Parts|
|Bracing of Rotor Windings||Design of Single Phase Induction Motor||Design of Rotor|
|Design of Small Electrical Machines||Design of Starters||Design of Field Regulators|
|Computer Application in Electrical Machine Design||Fundamental Aspects of Electrical Machine Design||Principles of Magnetic Circuit Design|
|Pulsation Losses||Types of Leakages||Constraints in Design of Rotating Machines|
Sanfoundry Electrical Machine Design CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Electrical Machine Design for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Electrical Machine Design from Sanfoundry.
Electrical Machine Design Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Electrical Machine Design CertificateHow to prepare for Electrical Machine Design Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Electrical Machine Design MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Electrical Machine Design Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Electrical Machine Design Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Electrical Machine Design Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Electrical Machine Design? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Electrical Machine Design certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Electrical Machine Design exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Design of Electrical Machines in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Electrical Machine Design certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Electrical Machine Design course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Electrical Machine Design online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Electrical Machine Design.
7. Which online Electrical Machine Design Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Electrical Machine Design. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Electrical Machine Design Certification Course.
8. Can I get Electrical Machine Design certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Electrical Machine Design certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Electrical Machine Design certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Electrical Machine Design Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Electrical Machine Design MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Electrical Machine Design Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Electrical Machine Design certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Electrical Machine Design?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Electrical Machine Design certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.