In this article, we will explore what a Basic Chemical Engineering certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Basic Chemical Engineering by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Basic Chemical Engineering certification?
A Basic Chemical Engineering certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Basic Chemical Engineering. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- chemical reactions and advanced oxidation processes.
- various biochemical processes.
- reactor’s model and its applications.
- solving material and energy balances, kinetics and chemical transformations.
- principles of process calculations, material, and energy balance calculations.
- basics of First and second laws of thermodynamics.
- heat conduction phenomena, convective heat transfer phenomena, and heat exchange equipment.
- fundamental concepts of filtration and agitation and mixing.
- nature of fluids and flow characteristics.
- concepts of heat transfer and mass transfer operations.
- principles of extraction and distillation processes used in industries.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Chemical Engineering?
There are a few different certifications that you can get that will help you work in the field of Basic Chemical Engineering. The best certification for you will be free Certification offered by Sanfoundry. Other certification like Certified Chemical Engineer (CCE) certification is also available. Basic Chemical Engineering certification offered by Sanfoundry will give you the skills and knowledge you need to work in the field of Basic Chemical Engineering.
What type of job can I get with a Basic Chemical Engineering certification?
The types of jobs you can get with a Basic Chemical Engineering certification include Process Engineer, Process Manager, Process Operator, and Process Technologist. With this certifications you can also work as manufacturing engineer, operations supervisor and Research scientist. You may be able to work as an engineer at a chemical plant, or as an environmental engineer.
What topics are covered in the Basic Chemical Engineering certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Basic Chemical Engineering Certification Syllabus|
|Moles, Density & Concentration||Temperature and Pressure||Introduction to Material Balances|
|General Strategy for Solving Material Balance Problems||Solving Material Balance Problems for Single Units||The Chemical Reaction Equation & Stoichiometry|
|Material Balances for Processes Involving Reaction & Multiple Units||Recycle, Bypass, Purge||Ideal Gases and Real Gases|
|Real Gases: Equations of State||Single Component Two Phase Systems||Saturation & Condensation|
|Two Phase Gas – Liquid Systems||Phase Rule & Vapor-Liquid Equilibria||Liquids & Gases in Equilibrium with Solids & Energy|
|Introduction to Energy Balances for Processes without Reaction||Calculation of Enthalpy Changes||Application of Energy Balances in the Absence of Chemical Reactions|
|Energy Balance||Ideal Processes, Efficiency and the Mechanical Energy Balance||Heats of Solution and Mixing|
|Humidity Charts & their Use||Degrees of Freedom in a Steady–State Process||Unsteady State Material & Energy Balances|
Sanfoundry Basic Chemical Engineering CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Basic Chemical Engineering for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Basic Chemical Engineering from Sanfoundry.
Basic Chemical Engineering Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Basic Chemical Engineering CertificateHow to prepare for Basic Chemical Engineering Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Basic Chemical Engineering MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Basic Chemical Engineering Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Basic Chemical Engineering Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Basic Chemical Engineering Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Basic Chemical Engineering? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Basic Chemical Engineering certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Basic Chemical Engineering exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Basic Chemical Engineering in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Basic Chemical Engineering certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Basic Chemical Engineering course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Basic Chemical Engineering online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Basic Chemical Engineering.
7. Which online Basic Chemical Engineering Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Basic Chemical Engineering. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Basic Chemical Engineering Certification Course.
8. Can I get Basic Chemical Engineering certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Basic Chemical Engineering certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Basic Chemical Engineering certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Basic Chemical Engineering Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Basic Chemical Engineering MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Basic Chemical Engineering Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Basic Chemical Engineering certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Basic Chemical Engineering?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Basic Chemical Engineering certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.