In this article, we will explore what a Microprocessor certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Microprocessor by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Microprocessor certification?
A Microprocessor certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Microprocessor. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- feature of the 8085 microprocessor, hardware architecture, and PIN diagram.
- programming of various addressing modes and data transfer instructions of 8085 microprocessor.
- evaluation of the data transfer information through serial & parallel ports.
- interrupts handling and peripherals applications in different IC.
- knowledge of A/D and D/A converters.
- application of programming concepts to interface the hardware units with microprocessor and microcontroller.
- fundamental operating concepts behind microprocessors.
- hardware features of Microprocessor 8085, 8086 with their functions.
- knowledge of commonly used peripheral / interfacing.
- core concepts of 8086 microprocessor.
- writing programs using the instructions of 8086 processor.
- design of 8086 based system using memory and peripheral chips.
- familiarity with hyperthreading technology.
- detailed analysis of s/w & h/w structure of the Microprocessor.
- interfacing of different peripherals (8085/8086) with Microprocessor.
- analysis of the properties of Microprocessors(8085/8086).
Which certification is best to work in the field of Microprocessor?
The best certification to work in the field of microprocessor is the free certification offered by Sanfoundry in the field. This certification program covers a wide range of topics such as digital design, microprocessor architecture, DMA, Floppy Disk, CRT Controllers, Multimicroprocessor Systems, Assembler Directives and Serial Communication Unit.
What type of job can I get with a Microprocessor certification?
If you have a Microprocessor certification, you can get a job in the following fields like computer programmers, systems analysts, software developers, computer engineers, industries, including manufacturing and business services. The most common jobs are system design, hardware design, software design.
What topics are covered in the Microprocessor certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Microprocessor Certification Syllabus
|8086/88 Instruction Set
|Special Architectural Features
|Timings and Delays
|Basic Peripherals & their Interfacing with 8086/88
|Modes of Operation of 8255
|Special Purpose Programmable Peripheral devices & their Interfacing
|DMA, Floppy Disk and CRT Controllers
|Bus Arbitration and Control
|Tightly Coupled & Loosely Coupled Systems
|Protected Virtual Address Mode
|32-bit Processors-80386, 80387 and 80486
|Recent Advancements in Microprocessor Architecture
|MMX Instruction Set
|Pentium 4 processor
|Serial Communication Unit
Sanfoundry Microprocessor CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Microprocessor for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Microprocessor from Sanfoundry.
Microprocessor Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Microprocessor CertificateHow to prepare for Microprocessor Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Microprocessor MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Microprocessor Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Microprocessor Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Microprocessor Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Microprocessor? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Microprocessor certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Microprocessor exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Microprocessor in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Microprocessor certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Microprocessor course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Microprocessor online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Microprocessor.
7. Which online Microprocessor Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Microprocessor. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Microprocessor Certification Course.
8. Can I get Microprocessor certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Microprocessor certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Microprocessor certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Microprocessor Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Microprocessor MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Microprocessor Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Microprocessor certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Microprocessor?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Microprocessor certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.