In this article, we will explore what a Cyber Security certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Cyber Security by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Cyber Security certification?
A Cyber Security certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Cyber Security. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- understanding of cybercrime and its effect on the outside world.
- interpretation and application of IT law in various legal issues.
- analyse and distinguish different aspects of cyber law.
- application of information security standards compliance during software design and development.
- identification of different types of cybercrime and cyber law.
- recognizing Indian IT Act 2008 and its latest amendments.
- types of security standards compliances.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Cyber Security?
There are many different types of certifications available for those who want to work in the field of cyber security like the certification offered by Sanfoundry. Other certifications include CompTIA Security, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification and the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
What type of job can I get with a Cyber Security certification?
Cyber Security certification open up a range of job opportunities for you. With a Cyber Security certification, you can get jobs in various industries such as finance, healthcare, government. You can also work as a security analyst, security engineer, security consultant, pen testers, ethical hackers, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and information security analyst.
What topics are covered in the Cyber Security certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Cyber Security Certification Syllabus|
|Introduction to Ethical Hacking||Cyber Security||Hacking Terminologies|
|VPNs||Buffer Overflow||Cyber Laws|
|Security Tools||Bugs and Vulnerabilities||Security Ethics|
|Security Breach Scenarios||Corporate Security||Understanding Network Models for Security|
|Phases of Security||Cyber Security Types||Mobile Phone Security|
|Understanding Attack Vectors||Sniffing||Session Hijacking|
|Spamming||Cryptography in Security||Steganography for Security|
|Privacy in Cyber Security||Anonymity & Pseudonymity||Deep Web|
Sanfoundry Cyber Security CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Cyber Security for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Cyber Security from Sanfoundry.
Cyber Security Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Cyber Security CertificateHow to prepare for Cyber Security Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Cyber Security MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Cyber Security Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Cyber Security Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Cyber Security Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Cyber Security? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Cyber Security certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Cyber Security exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Cyber Security in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Cyber Security certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Cyber Security course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Cyber Security online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Cyber Security.
7. Which online Cyber Security Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Cyber Security. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Cyber Security Certification Course.
8. Can I get Cyber Security certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Cyber Security certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Cyber Security certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Cyber Security Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Cyber Security MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Cyber Security Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Cyber Security certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Cyber Security?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Cyber Security certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.