In this article, we will explore what a Renewable Energy certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Renewable Energy by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Renewable Energy certification?
A Renewable Energy certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Renewable Energy. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- identification of the non conventional resources and understanding of solar cell material, array, power plant, and its limitations.
- solar thermal energy, collectors and analysis of solar thermal power plant for power generation, energy storage for heating and cooling purposes.
- Geothermal Energy, Principle of working of MHD Power plant and Fuel Cells.
- wind energy and energy conversion system.
- biomass and familiarity with OTEC and Waste Recycling Plants.
- various renewable energy technologies and their applications.
- analysis of energy conversion, utilization, and storage for renewable technologies.
- various hybrid energy systems.
- newer areas of renewable sources of energy.
- environmental consequences of energy conversion and how renewable energy can reduce air pollution and positively affect global climate change.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Renewable Energy?
There are a lot of different certification options for people wanting to get into the field of Renewable Energy. Sanfoundry offers free certification in the field of Renewable Energy. Other certifications include Renewable Energy Technician certification, Renewable Energy Certification (REC) and Renewable Energy Systems Technician (RESP).
What type of job can I get with a Renewable Energy certification?
There are many different types of jobs available, but the majority of these positions involve working with solar panels and other renewable sources. Some examples include solar panel installation and repair, wind turbine installation and maintenance, hydropower plant operation, biomass plant operation, field technician, research technician, project manager or coordinator and quality assurance engineer.
What topics are covered in the Renewable Energy certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Renewable Energy Certification Syllabus|
|Fundamentals of Energy||Environment-Economy-Energy||Sustainable Development|
|World Energy Status||Basics of Solar Energy||Depletion of Solar Radiation|
|Sun, Earth Radiation Spectrums||Solar Thermal System||Solar Distillation or Desalination of Water|
|Solar Furnaces||Solar Dryer||Wind Energy|
|Major Applications of Wind Power||Wind Turbine Aerodynamics||Wind Energy Conversion Systems|
|Biomass Energy||Photosynthesis Process||Biomass Conversion Technologies|
|Biomass Gasification||Biogas Production from Waste Biomass||Geothermal Energy|
|Environmental Consideration||Ocean Energy||Emerging Technologies|
A Renewable Energy certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual's proficiency in Renewable Energy.
What are the benefits of obtaining a Renewable Energy certification?
Benefits of getting a Renewable Energy certification include demonstrating expertise in the subject and increasing competitiveness in the job market. It can also open up new opportunities for career advancement.
Sanfoundry Renewable Energy CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Renewable Energy for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Renewable Energy from Sanfoundry.
Renewable Energy Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Renewable Energy CertificateHow to prepare for Renewable Energy Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Renewable Energy MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Renewable Energy Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Renewable Energy Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Renewable Energy Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Renewable Energy? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Renewable Energy certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Renewable Energy exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Renewable Energy in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Renewable Energy certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Renewable Energy course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Renewable Energy online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Renewable Energy.
7. Which online Renewable Energy Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Renewable Energy. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Renewable Energy Certification Course.
8. Can I get Renewable Energy certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Renewable Energy certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Renewable Energy certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Renewable Energy Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Renewable Energy MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Renewable Energy Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Renewable Energy certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Renewable Energy?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Renewable Energy certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.