In this article, we will explore what a Physics certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Physics by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Physics certification?
A Physics certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Physics. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- units and measurements, motion in a straight line and plane.
- laws of motion, work, energy, and power.
- rotational motion and gravitation.
- mechanical properties of solids and fluids.
- thermal properties of matter, thermodynamics, and kinetic energy.
- waves and oscillations.
- electric charges and fields, electrostatic potential, and capacitance.
- current electricity and AC current.
- moving charges and magnetism, magnetism and matter.
- electromagnetic induction and waves.
- ray and wave optics and optical instruments.
- nature of radiation, atoms, and nuclei.
- semiconductor electronics and communication systems.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Physics?
The best way to begin your career in the field of physics is with a certification. Sanfoundry offers free Physics Certification which focuses on Moment of Inertia, Gravitation Energy of an Orbiting Satellite, Mechanical Properties of Solids, Mechanical Properties of Fluids, Streamline Flow, Thermal Properties of Matter, Newton’s Law of Cooling, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory, Oscillations, and Waves.
What type of job can I get with a Physics certification?
Physics jobs are available in a variety of fields. You can find a job as an engineer, or mathematician. Some of the most common include physicist and engineer, research scientist (Physics or engineering). You can work as a Accelerator Operator, Design Engineer, Physics Teacher, IT Consultant, Lab Technician, Laser Engineer, Optical Engineer, Research Associate, Radiation Safety Officer, Nuclear Engineer, R&D engineer and Technical Specialist.
What topics are covered in the Physics certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Physics Certification Syllabus Class – 11
|Units and Measurements
|Dimensional Formulae and Equations
|Motion in a Straight Line
|Average Velocity and Average Speed
|Motion in a Plane
|Laws of Motion
|Equilibrium of a Particle
|Work, Energy and Power
|The Potential Energy of a Spring
|System of Particles & Rotational Motion
|Vector Product of Two Vectors
|Moment of Inertia
|Energy of an Orbiting Satellite
|Mechanical Properties of Solids
|Mechanical Properties of Fluids
|Thermal Properties of Matter
|Newton’s Law of Cooling
|Physics Certification Syllabus Class – 12
|Electric Charges & Fields
|Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance
|Van de Graff Generator
|Moving Charges & Magnetism
|Torque on Current Loop
|Moving Coil Galvanometer
|Magnetism and Matter
|Ray Optics & Optical Instruments
|Refraction through a Prism
|Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
|Davisson and Germer Experiment
Sanfoundry Physics CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Physics for free. We offer multiple certification exams for school students, depending on the class in which they are studying i.e., students of Class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th.
The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Physics from Sanfoundry.
Physics Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Physics CertificateHow to prepare for Physics Certification Exam?
We offer multiple certification exams for school students depending on the class in which they are studying. So, you can give the exam for the class in which you are currently studying. You are also free to give certification tests for earlier classes. Before you start taking the exam, you should practice the following mcq, pactice & mock test series:
- 1000 Physics - Class 11 MCQs
- 1000 Physics - Class 12 MCQs
- Physics - Class 11 Practice & Mock Tests
- Physics - Class 12 Practice & Mock Tests
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take the qualifier test: Physics - Class 11 Qualifier Test
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take the certification test anytime (24x7): Physics - Class 11 Certification Test
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live: Physics - Class 11 Top Rankers
Physics - Class 12 Qualifier Test
Physics - Class 12 Certification Test
Physics - Class 12 Top Rankers
Physics Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Physics? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Physics certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Physics exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Physics in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Physics certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Physics course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Physics online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Physics.
7. Which online Physics Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Physics. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Physics Certification Course.
8. Can I get Physics certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Physics certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Physics certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Physics Certification exam?
Depending on the class for which you are preparing the certification exam, you should practice either Sanfoundry's Physics - Class 11 MCQs or Physics - Class 12 MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Physics Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Physics certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Physics?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Physics certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.