In this article, we will explore what a Genetic Engineering certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Genetic Engineering by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Genetic Engineering certification?
A Genetic Engineering certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Genetic Engineering. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- awareness of how to clone commercially important genes.
- production of commercially important recombinant proteins.
- gene and genome sequencing techniques.
- microarrays, analysis of gene expression and proteomics.
- gene cloning methods and the tools and techniques involved in gene cloning and genome analysis and genomics.
- heterologous expression of cloned genes in different hosts.
- comparison of different vectors & enzymes used in the construction of recombinant DNA in Genetic engineering.
- knowledge of specific techniques like PCR, blotting & construction of libraries.
- knowledge of different gene/DNA transfer techniques.
- methods of producing transgenic organisms and sub-divide/summarize the applications of genetic engineering for the welfare of mankind & society.
- rDNA technology, vectors, and enzymes used in genetic engineering.
- PCR, NA hybridization & libraries.
- gene transfer techniques, applications of transgenic plants & animals and importance of gene therapy.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Genetic Engineering?
Genetic engineering is a field of science that studies the way organisms develop, function and reproduce. The best certification to work in the field of genetic engineering is the free Genetic Engineering Certification offered by Sanfoundry. Other certification include Certified Genetic Engineer (CGE) by the American Society of Gene Therapy and Regenerative Medicine (ASGTMRM).
What type of job can I get with a Genetic Engineering certification?
You’ll be able to find Genetic Engineering jobs in many different industries, including healthcare and pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, food production, engineering and manufacturing. There are several types of genetic engineering jobs like Genetic Engineer, Research analyst, Scientist, Testing drugs and Assistant professor.
What topics are covered in the Genetic Engineering certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Genetic Engineering Certification Syllabus|
|Basics of Genetic Engineering||Transformation||Enzymes for Ligation|
|Polymerase Chain Reaction||Precautions and Drawbacks||Simple Cloning|
|Vectors||Other Vector Systems for E. Coli||Lambda ZAP and Cosmids|
|Bacteriophage-Mu and Bacteriophage-Pi||Libraries Construction||Polyadenylated RNA|
|Screening Libraries||Expression of Coding Section in-Vitro||Reporter Genes|
|Modifications and Mutagenesis||Cre Lox Excision||Use of Cloned DNA|
|Fusion Proteins||Using Other Organisms||Organelle Transformation|
|Cultured Cells and Bacillovirus||Drosophila||Genetic Engineering|
Sanfoundry Genetic Engineering CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Genetic Engineering for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Genetic Engineering from Sanfoundry.
Genetic Engineering Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Genetic Engineering CertificateHow to prepare for Genetic Engineering Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Genetic Engineering MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Genetic Engineering Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Genetic Engineering Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Genetic Engineering Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Genetic Engineering? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Genetic Engineering certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Genetic Engineering exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Genetic Engineering in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Genetic Engineering certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Genetic Engineering course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Genetic Engineering online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Genetic Engineering.
7. Which online Genetic Engineering Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Genetic Engineering. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Genetic Engineering Certification Course.
8. Can I get Genetic Engineering certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Genetic Engineering certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Genetic Engineering certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Genetic Engineering Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Genetic Engineering MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Genetic Engineering Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Genetic Engineering certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Genetic Engineering?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Genetic Engineering certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.