In this article, we will explore what a Manufacturing Processes certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Manufacturing Engineering, Science and Technology by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Manufacturing Engineering certification?
A Manufacturing Engineering certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Manufacturing Processes. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- step by step casting process to make components.
- the moulding and casting process to make a metal casting.
- the various cutting forces used during metal cutting operations.
- differentiation among various metal removal operations and its appropriate use in the industry.
- difference between advanced manufacturing technology and conventional manufacturing process.
- types of machine tools, their classification, specifications, and constructional features.
- different types of cutting tools and their significance of workpiece interface.
- features and applications of screw thread processes.
- features and applications of gear manufacturing processes.
- finishing processes like grinding, reaming, honing, lapping, and burnishing.
- usage of the different manufacturing processes for component production.
- features of a lathe, drilling, shaper, planer, boring, broaching, and grinding machines, accessories, and common operations performed on these machines.
- defects, causes, and their remedies of welding, casting, and metal forming operations.
- processing of plastics and fabrication of various types of composite material.
- principle of operation of nontraditional machining and forming processes and the equipment used.
- basic mechanics of metal cutting, and working of standard machine tools.
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) of machine tools and CNC Programming.
- fundamentals of metal cutting like various cutting forces, tool materials, about tool life and machinability.
- sheet metal fabrication and different types of joints with their trouble shooting.
- powder metallurgy process, plastic & ceramic molding processes.
- fabrication of reinforced polymer and polymeric composites with their applications.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Manufacturing Engineering?
The free Manufacturing Processes certification offered by Sanfoundry is the best certification to work in the field of manufacturing. This certification cover all sorts of things like quality management, inventory management, shipping and receiving, safety management, and even costing models.
What type of job can I get with a Manufacturing Processes certification?
Manufacturing Processes jobs are available in a variety of industries, including manufacturing and engineering. The Manufacturing Processes certification will help you find work as a process engineer, manufacturing supervisor, quality control technicians, quality engineers, manufacturing engineer, tooling engineers and operators.
What topics are covered in the Manufacturing Processes certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Manufacturing Processes Certification Syllabus – I
|Defects in Solid
|Testing and Phase Diagram
|Magnetic Properties of Material
|Electrical Properties of Materials
|Plastics, Ceramics and Composites
|Shaping and Slotting
|Milling, Drilling and Reaming
|Surface Finishing Operations
|Unconventional Machining Processes
|Unconventional Welding Methods
|NC Part Programming
|Metal Casting and Gating Systems
|Forming, Metal Forming Processes and Heat Transfer
|Jigs and Fixture, Applications and Gears
|Manufacturing Processes Syllabus – II
|Gear & Metal Cutting Processes
|Roll Forming & Electromagnetic Forming
|Electro-Chemical Grinding Machining
|Micromachining & Abrasive Jet Micromachining
|Advance Manufacturing Processes
|Electron Beam Machining
|Laser Beam Machining
|Heat Treatment Processes
Sanfoundry Manufacturing Engineering CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Manufacturing Processes for free. As this subject is generally studied in 2 semesters, we have 2 different certification exams for it, namely, Manufacturing Engineering - I and Manufacturing Engineering - II. You can choose to give one of the exams or both of them.
The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Manufacturing Engineering from Sanfoundry.
Manufacturing Engineering Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Manufacturing Engineering CertificateHow to prepare for Manufacturing Processes Certification Exam?
We offer 2 different certifications: Manufacturing Processes - I and Manufacturing Processes - II. So, you can choose to give one of the exams or both of them. Before you start taking the exam, you should practice the following mcq, pactice & mock test series:
- 1000 Manufacturing Processes - I MCQs
- 1000 Manufacturing Processes - II MCQs
- Manufacturing Processes - I Practice & Mock Tests
- Manufacturing Processes - II Practice & Mock Tests
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take the qualifier test: Manufacturing Processes - I Qualifier Test
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take the certification test anytime (24x7): Manufacturing Processes - I Certification Test
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live: Manufacturing Processes - I Top Rankers
Manufacturing Processes - II Qualifier Test
Manufacturing Processes - II Certification Test
Manufacturing Processes - II Top Rankers
Manufacturing Engineering Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Manufacturing Engineering? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Manufacturing Engineering certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Manufacturing Engineering exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Manufacturing Processes in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Manufacturing Engineering certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Manufacturing Processes course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Manufacturing Engineering online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Manufacturing Processes.
7. Which online Manufacturing Processes Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Manufacturing Processes. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Manufacturing Processes Certification Course.
8. Can I get Manufacturing Science & Technology certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Manufacturing Engineering certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Manufacturing Engineering certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Manufacturing Engineering Certification exam?
Depending on which certification exam you are preparing, you should practice either Sanfoundry's Manufacturing Processes - I MCQs or Manufacturing Processes - II MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Manufacturing Processes Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Manufacturing Engineering certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Manufacturing Processes?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Manufacturing Science & Technology certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.