In this article, we will explore what an Analytical Instrumentation certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Analytical Instrumentation by Sanfoundry for free.
What is an Analytical Instrumentation certification?
An Analytical Instrumentation certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Analytical Instrumentation. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- qualitative and quantitative analysis of a given sample.
- analytical instrumentation used in chemical/biochemical research labs.
- analytical instruments for separation, identification, and quantitative analysis of chemical substances.
- analytical method for a specific application.
- measurement in many chemical processes and laboratories handling liquids or solutions.
- working principle, types, and applications of NMR and Mass spectroscopy.
- fundamental knowledge of gas chromatography and liquid chromatography.
- design, construction, and working of various analytical instrumentation.
- Use of analytical techniques for different industries.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Analytical Instrumentation?
The most widely recognized certification is the free certification offered by Sanfoundry. Other certifications include the Certified Automation Professional (CAP) from International Society for Automation (ISA), certification offered by NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research), Certified Instrumentation Technician (CIT), Certified Analytical Instrumentation Professional (CAIP), and Certified Instrumentation and Control Technician (CIC) from the Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society (ISA)..
What type of job can I get with an Analytical Instrumentation certification?
With Analytical Instrumentation certification you can work in manufacturing and chemical processes industry as an analytical instrumentation technician performing batch processing on samples, testing product with various analytical methods or performing calibration procedures on equipment and instruments. This certification allows you to work with a variety of analytical instruments, including spectrophotometers, chemical analyzers, and chromatographs.
What topics are covered in the Analytical Instrumentation certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Analytical Instrumentation Certification Syllabus|
|Colorimetry and Spectrometry||Single Beam and Double Beam Instruments||Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy|
|Chromatography||Amino-Acid Analysers||Column Efficiency and Column Resolution|
|Industrial Gas Analysers||Magnetic Wind Instruments||Method Based on Ionization of Gases|
|Pollution Monitoring Instruments||Dissolved Component Analysers||Estimation of Hydrocarbons|
|pH Meters and Ion Analysers||Biosensors||Ammonia and Fluoride Electrode|
|Radiochemical Techniques||Gamma Camera||Pulse Height Analyser|
|X-Ray Spectrometers||Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer||Mass Spectrometer|
|Electron and Ion Spectrometers||Electron Spin Resonance Spectrometers||Digital Circuits|
Sanfoundry Analytical Instrumentation CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Analytical Instrumentation for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Analytical Instrumentation from Sanfoundry.
Analytical Instrumentation Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Analytical Instrumentation CertificateHow to prepare for Analytical Instrumentation Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Analytical Instrumentation MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Analytical Instrumentation Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Analytical Instrumentation Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Analytical Instrumentation Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Analytical Instrumentation? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Analytical Instrumentation certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Analytical Instrumentation exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Analytical Instrumentation in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn an Analytical Instrumentation certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Analytical Instrumentation course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Analytical Instrumentation online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Analytical Instrumentation.
7. Which online Analytical Instrumentation Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Analytical Instrumentation. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Analytical Instrumentation Certification Course.
8. Can I get Analytical Instrumentation certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Analytical Instrumentation certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Analytical Instrumentation certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Analytical Instrumentation Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Analytical Instrumentation MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Analytical Instrumentation Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Analytical Instrumentation certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Analytical Instrumentation?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Analytical Instrumentation certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.