This set of Instrumentation Transducers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Heat Flow Balance Systems”.
1. Hot wire anemometer can be used to measure _________________
a) Flow rate of non-conducting liquid
b) Flow rate of conducting liquid
c) Liquid level measurement
d) pH of liquid
Explanation: Hot wire anemometer is used for measuring flow rate of non-conducting liquid.
2. Hot wire anemometer is an application of ___________________
a) Resistive transducer
b) Inductive transducer
c) Capacitive transducer
d) Thermo electric transducer
Explanation: Hot wire anemometer works on the relation between temperature and resistance of material.
3. SI unit of thermal conductivity is _____________
a) W/m K
d) W2/m K
Explanation: SI unit of thermal conductivity is watt per meter kelvin.
4. Which of the following represents opposition to heat flow?
a) Thermal resistance
b) Thermal opposition
c) Thermal reactance
d) Thermal barrier
Explanation: Thermal resistance is a measure of opposition to heat flow.
5. Which of the following factors affect thermal conductivity?
b) Chemical phase
c) Thermal anisotropy
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Thermal conductivity is affected by temperature, chemical phase change and anisotropy.
6. What is ‘Righi Leduc-effect’?
a) Effect of magnetic field on thermal conductivity
b) Effect of chemical phase on thermal conductivity
c) Effect of temperature on thermal conductivity
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Effect of magnetic field on thermal conductivity is known as Righi-Leduc effect. It is also known as Thermal hall-effect.
7. Under phase change thermal conductivity remain constant.
Explanation: Phase change is an important factor which affect thermal conductivity.
8. When anisotropy is present, direction of heat flow and thermal gradient will be same.
Explanation: On anisotropic materials direction of heat flow and thermal gradient may vary.
9. Insulation property of an insulator decrease in _____________
a) Dry condition
c) Powdered form
d) Compressed state
Explanation: In moisture condition, insulation property of insulator decreases.
10. Which of the following describes molecule movement in gas and liquid?
Explanation: Convection is the process describing molecule movement in gas and liquid.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.